Monday, March 12, 2007

What's The Big Deal About Losing An Hour !

So, I lost an hour. I lose hours every day. What I'm looking for is days, months and years. Ther are parts of the late 1960's and a lot of 1970, that I can't even recall. Ok, losing the '70's is no big loss, but I was told by a lady friend that I had some good times in the 70's. I know this for a fact because I had to purchase pictures and negatives of some of my good times.

Lose an hour? No big whoop ! I occasionally get flashbacks when thinking of that period, but they don't come time dated. Then, I have to think real hard and/or call friends to fill in the rest of the story. Some of my friends don't like speaking on the phone at 2:00 in the morning. They mumble something about going to work later and hang up.  

The Pictures: "Like the sands of an hour glass........" Soap Operas and The Rolling Stones.  

This Date In History  1941:  President Franklin Delano Roosevelt holds his first fireside chat to encourage support for the New Deal. 1912;  The Girl Scouts of America is founded. Immediately after that, every parent in America began putting the hit on every friend they had to buy cookies. 1969; Paul McCartney and Linda Eastman marry.

In Nascar, Jimmie Johnson won for the third straight year in the Nextel Race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Jeff Gordon finished second, followed by Denny Hamlin, Matt Kenseth and Mark Martin. The new race track configuration and "hard" tire needed for the newer pavement kept everyone on the edge and drew harsh comments from most of the drivers. Mark Marin continues to lead the points and it will be interesting to see what will happen when the race goes to Bristol.  

Birthdays: Edward Albee, playwright (1928), Liza Minelli actress, singer and dancer (1946). 

The hits just keep on coming. Look up the word "weasel" in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of Howard K. Stern. I'm thinking that we should have a "Weasel Of The Week".What do you think?  I know! You told me you're shy. Just email me! JimSulliv3@aol.com or "add your own" below. It's not that hard...er, difficult.

P.S. Guess what "someone" learned to do today. No, Not that, I'm an expert at "That".  

That's it for today my little puppies. More tomorrow. 

Stay Tuned !

No comments: