Sunday, March 4, 2007

Busy Sunday, New Computer, Short Entry !

I had a busy weekend, because I had dinner Saturday night with my dear friend Dr. Marc, his lady friend, Rosie, and her son and my pal, Danny. Marc gave me his computer because his son just got him a MAC. So I'm using my old computer while I set up my newer computer.

As I am editing the revised version of today's entry, I got an email from my friend Mary. Hi Mary (and Frank).

In the Nascar Busch race today in Mexico City, Juan Pablo Montoya won the race at the expense of his team mate, Scott Pruett. Montoya, who is very talented and will be a Nascar star in the future, comes from championships in CART, a past winner of the Indianapolis 500 and a seven time winner in Formula One. 

Montoya and Pruett were clearly the class of the field and Pruett was leading Montoya with a few laps to go. Entering on of the turns, Montoya got inside Pruett (but not enough inside to clearly take the position) and spun him out. After the race was over both Pruett, (who was obviously pissed) and Montoya's own crew chief expressed extreme displeasure with Montoya's tactics. Juan Pablo needs to learn that in Nascar, tactics like that are not tolerated and payback's a bitch!

The Pictures: A few random things I threw together. You may not be able to clearly see the groom's shoes but they say help me. The biker's a definite wannabe. The rest are just pretty. 

This Date In History: 1681;  King Charles II of England grants Quaker William Penn a vast tract of land, the bulk of which later becomes the state of Pennsylvania. 1787: The United States Congress meets for the first time and the constitution goes into effect. 1950; Walt Disney's animated motion Picture "Cinderella" is released to American movie theaters.

Birthdays: Knute Rockne, Notre Dame football player and coach (1888), Dizzy Vance, baseball player (1891), Miriam Makeba, South African singer (1952). 

This Just In: This one's for you Kittens Frank and Mary;

  

That's it for today my little kittens. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

No comments: