Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Lazy Sunday !

As you might have guessed by the time of this entry, I was in between configuring my computer, watching the Nascar race at Altlanta Motor Speedway and eating junk food all day. When I finally looked up and saw it was dark outside I knew I was in trouble. But never you worry! I got some stuff for 'ya today.

Jimmie Johnson won his second consecutive Nascar race today at Atlanta Motor Speedway, beating Tony Stewart to the finish line. A minor controversy ensued when it appeared that Johnson squeezed Stewart (which he did) with two laps to go and caused Stewart to brush the wall. The end result, as it appeared to me, was that Johnson had the faster car and the brushing incident was attributed to hard racing and nothing more. Columbian Juan Pablo Montoya finished a respectful 5th position.

The Pictures: I saw this today in my daily Internet trek and thought I'd show it to you. It struck me as funny.

This Date In History: 1959; President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law that approves statehood for Hawaii. Statehood was finalized on August 21, 1959. 1967; The Beatles hit single "Penny Lane" goes to Number One.  

Birthdays: John Calhoun, 7th Vice President of the United States of America (1782), Grover Cleveland, 22nd and 24th President of The United States of America (1837), Rudolf Diesel, German engineer who invented the Diesel engine (1858), John Updike, author (1932), Bonnie Blair, United States speed skater (1964).

This one's for you:

             

That's it for today, my little animal crackers. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

No comments: