Saturday, January 6, 2007

It's Three Kings Day

Today's Three Kings Day. My friend, Marc, said to put a box of good grass (Yerba buena) under my bed at night so that I might receive gifts from the Three Kings. So, I got my good grass box to put under my bed, but it turns out that I had already smoked it.

I also remember the date because a few years ago, I won Texas hold-em poker pot with three kings. Suweet!

The Pictures: It's only January 6th and I'm already getting calls from bill collectors.

This Date In History: 1535;  Spanish Conquistador Francisco Pizarro founds Los Reyes De Lima (Lima, Peru).  1912;  New Mexico is admitted into the Union as the 45th State.

Good to see Jorge, Manny, and Roberto at Krystel's Restaurant and Nightclub last night. I haven't seen them in a while and it was nice to see them again. Roberto sang "Sabor A Mi" and did a fine rendition. Remember that Karaoke has been changed to Tuesdays starting at 6:00 p.m. Happy hour is 4:00-7:00 p.m. and drinks are two for one, soooo....come on over!

If you click my You Tube link, you can see Jorge L. and Jenny dancing at Krystel's on new year's eve. You can also catch Carmen's birthday dance on the site, along with Possum S. Hemmingway, my cat.

Birthdays: Carl Sandberg, poet and biographer (1878), Nancy Lopez, PGA golfer (1957).

Question Of The Day: Who will win the Monday College Championship game? a) Ohio State b) Florida   c) depends on the point spread and successfully contacting my bookie.

That's it for today........more tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

No comments: