Monday, January 1, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Where do I begin? First and foremost, I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve! The party at Krystel's Restaurant and Nightclub was fantastic! I thought I had a shot at best dressed, but then Emilio and Melina showed up. Hey! Emilio! Anyone could wear a tux! Both Emilio and Melina were dressed to the nine's and made a strikingly handsome couple.

Nice to see Julio and company...looking good! Jorge and Jenny, Alex and Krystel, The two Doc's (Doc Dentist and Doc Surgeon), and applause to......Guillermo, Brenda, Claudio, David, Zoila, Mario, and all the rest of the people who made the celebration go so well!

My daughter and family text'd me from Times Square in New York at 11:26 p.m. I saw the crowd on TV (estimated in the hundreds of thousands) and I couldn't see her, but I didn't have my glasses on.

The Pictures: Emilio and Melina, Two new friends...Cora and Henry,  Everyone having a good time dancing, David,  Dancing with Jenny, and, ah yes, one of me (who edits this crap?)......(more to come as soon as I find some of my body parts that are still missing)

This Date In History: 1902; The University of Michigan defeats Stanford 49-0 in the first Rose Bowl. 1959; Fidel Castro ousts Cuban Dictator, Fulgencio Batista.

Miscellaneous: In sports yesterday, The Miami Dolphins did their thing (lose). Georgia Tech lost to West Virginia 38-35 in a fantastic game. It's a shame someone had to lose. Well played ! 

Birthdays: Paul Revere......and the Raiders came later (1735),  Betsy Ross (1752),  J. Edgar Hoover...well known for his vacuum cleaner, pun intended,  (1895), and Barry Goldwater (1909).

Note: Partial entry..still getting over last night! More pictures and stories will trickle in this week. I am also starting a new catagory called " Question of the Day". You may respond to the question or give the answer at the bottom of each entry page under "Comments - Add your Own".

Stay Tuned ! 

No comments: