Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Daytona 500 Is Coming !

I don't know if I've told you, but I like motor sports, especially Nascar. The "Super Bowl" of Nascar is the Daytona 500 which is coming in February. I'll be making periodic comments. If you are not familiar with Nascar, give it a chance and you'll be up to speed in no time (pun intended). There's a whole bunch of changes coming this year, including the car of the future. The month of February is called"Speed Weeks", which include the 24 hours of Daytona, the Bud Shootout, Busch 300 and the finale is the Daytona 500. I'll give you names, dates, and times as we enter February.

Prez Georgie B. spoke last night. I'm happy he didn't say "New-q-ler" ten times. It always scares me that the man in charge of the United States can't get passed 6th grade English. He's not stupid, just stubborn. He realizes he says the word wrong and obviously doesn't care.  Mostly rhetoric, the speech had some optimistic thoughts, unfortunately with these partisan politicians, the only that will happen if they pass anything is it will probably be vetoed because the Democrats will probably be the reason it's passed. The jury is still out on this session of Congress.

I certainly would like to see the Iraq problem, the porous border problem and social security addressed seriously.

The Pictures: One of my favorite drivers was and still is Dale Earnhardt, who lost his life in a crash on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500. His son, Dale Jr., is racing now (and was during the 2001 race) and is one of Nascar's top drivers. The pictures are a tribute to Dale and wife Teresa, and Dale Jr. 

This Date In History: 1935;  The first canned beer is sold by Kreuger Brewing Company in Richmond Virginia. Thus creating the future machos of America, who would display to the world how strong they were by crushing a beer can with one hand.   1965;  Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain (1940-45 and 1951-55), dies in London at the age of 90.

It's Wednesday and Karaoke Night at Krystel's Restaurant and Nightclub. The music's in English and Spanish and my drink is in Scottish, so stop by and see me. I had one special request last week, but the microphone wouldn't fit and I sang anyway.

Birthdays: Ernest Borgnine (1917),  Aaron Neville, singer (1941)

Rosie Fat Ass insulted Okra the other day, but Okra maintained her cool (so far). Did you ever see the Bulldog on the front of a Mack Truck? I think Rosie posed for it.

On a quick note, I usually rate and give you the song and artist I'm listening to at the top of the page every day. Being a musician and performer, I would be remiss not to comment on today's song. It's a remake of the Natalie Cole hit "Pink Cadillac".  Jerry Lee Lewis, The "Killer", performs it very excellently and you owe it to yourself to hear both versions as I rate them both ****.

Question Of The Day: (awaiting entry)

That's it for today my little mushrooms. More Tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !


Tags: , , , , , , , ,, , , , , , ,

No comments: