Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas one and all. I made it through a wonderful "Noche Buena" arriving at my abode at approximately 3:30 a.m. , which is the reason that this entry is being written at 4:30 p.m. I went to Emilio and Melina's house for Noche Buena and it was great! Emilio roasted the pork and Melina and company did all the trimmings. They did a great job and the settings were picture perfect, speaking of which, I am entering a picture of Melina and Brenda hard at work in the kitchen. I hope to get more pic's from Melina's digital camera. I managed to send a few text messages last evening to friends and family last evening and hope to finish up today. I also managed to delete my friend Rocio's cell number when I was trying to text her a Christmas message. Not too bright, huh? She emailed it to me this a.m.

Thanks to everyone for the pictures and comments you send. Please keep up the good work. I need to start storing some photos online, because it's overloading my computer (manufactured by "Dinosaur's Inc.")

Unfortunately, with news, there is good and bad. James Brown died this a.m around 1:30. I was sorry to hear about that, because since I was a puppy playing lounges at 19 years old, James was always on the radio and in the news. He'll be missed.

The Pictures: Melina and Brenda in the kitchen on "Noche Buena". The following pictures are entries sent to me by Santa Claus.

This Date In History: 0000; The birth of Jesus. 1776; Gerge Washington crosses the Delaware River for a raid on Brittish Mercenaries the next day at the Battle Of Trenton. 1962: I swim across the Miami River escaping the authorities from a sorority panty raid.

A soldier was killed today in Iraq. They didn't mention his name but of all days, this one was painful. I really don't want to go on a tirade today about Iraq, but suffice to say, as the song goes, we go to get out of this place!

Birthdays: My friend Flor "Porcha" Horna, Humphrey Bogart (1899), Clara Barton, founder of the Red Cross (1821),  Cab (Cabell) Calloway (1907), Sissy Spacek (1949).

That's it for now.

Stay Tuned !


Tags:

No comments: