Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Highs and Lows - Where Do I Begin !

Monday has arrived and the work week begins. I hope everyone got a chance to see Amanda Baggs' video on my Saturday entry. I downloaded the video from her You Tube site and let it run the entire weekend.  If you didn't, do yourself a favor, please take a few minutes of your time and watch her video. In my fervor to present the video, I did something I have never done. I attempted to email all of my friends and readers to alert them to the video. I'm sure by now all of you have figured out that it took me four (count 'em),  four attempts to get the message out correctly and with the address (link). 

The Academy Awards show was Sunday evening and was enjoyable. Ellen DeGeneres emceed the show and did a fine job. Hosting any show is difficult and particularly the Academy Awards which is watched and scrutinized by millions of people all around the world. Thankfully, she made few, if any, remarks about her personal life, which as emcee, is exactly what she should have done. My Grandfather once said to me, " If everyone liked the same things as I do, they'd all be chasing your Grandmother. Rather than be redundant I refer you to the pictures.     

Matt Kenseth swept the Nascar weekend, winning the Busch Race on Saturday and capturing the California 500 on Sunday.  

The Pictures: Meet the winners of this year's Academy Awards. The only picture I haven't found yet is Melissa Etheridge, who won the Oscar for the Best Song, "An Inconvenient Truth".

This Date In History: 1848; Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels publish the Communist Manifesto in London. 1919; The United States Congress establishes Grand Canyon National Park. 1985; Tina Turner wins two Grammy Awards for "What's Love Got To Do With It". 1993; A terrorist bomb explodes killing five people and severely damaging the World Trade Center in New York City.

One day, years ago, I called my boss and told him, "I have anal glaucoma." He asked, "What's that?" I said, "I just can't see my ass coming to work today!"

Birthdays: Victor Hugo, French poet, novelist and playwright (1802), Levi Strauss, the inventor of blur jeans....yea Levi ! (1829), Jackie Gleason, comedian and actor (1916), Fats Domino, rock and roll singer and pianist (1928), Johnny Cash, country music singer (1932). 

A man stumbled in to his house very late one night, smelling of alcohol. "Drunk Again!", said his wife. The man responded, "Me Too !"

The woman came into a bar carrying a dog under her arm. "What's that?", asked the bartender. " It's a puppy, I got it for my husband." The bartender replied, "Good Trade!" 

That's it for today my Academy Award winners. More Tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

No comments: