Saturday, February 24, 2007

I Have Nothing to Say !

I am breaking from my "normal" methods of entry to share with you something I am just beginning to absorb. I'm trying to write this while my thoughts race each other to be the next in line to be written. I have turned off everything in my house and all I hear is the click-clack of my keyboard.

This week, while trying to follow the Anna Nicole Smith hearings, I heard something on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 that made me stop and listen. Anderson was interviewing a young, autistic lady named Amanda Baggs. As the interview progressed I saw and heard something that made me think. I wrote down her name and made a note to look for Anderson Cooper's CNN site and Amanda's You Tube site.

Today I found what I was looking for on CNN and from there I was able to locate Amanda's You Tube entry. I can't remember the last time I was moved this way. I had some things, some inane plans for today's entry along with some pictures and hopefully some humor, but after I watched Amanda's video, I came to the conclusion that, at least for today, I have nothing to say.

I don't want to make you uncomfortable, but I think that Amanda is content with herself and the depth of her thinking absolutely marvels me. It is making me remember how lucky we all are and perhaps gives us a better insight to things we don't understand. I will be revising today's entry periodically today and I am not going to make another entry until Monday. In the interim, please go to the bottom of this page and add your own thoughts. If are shy about adding your comment, then email me JimSulliv3@aol.com .

Post Script: This video runs around eight minutes. The first three or so minutes are of Amanda singing and interacting with her surroundings. Her subsequent "Translation" is done via a synthetic voice that is used in conjunction with her keyboard. This is the way she speaks to us, in a very profound manner. The depth and intellect in the "Translation" is something that I could never have imagined and it is something that I am still coming to terms with in my own mind.  

The Pictures: I just put them in because I think they're pretty.

 

That's it for today my friends.

Stay Tuned !

No comments: