Thursday, February 8, 2007

I Feel The Need For Speed !

The Daytona Speed Weeks get down to business this Saturday, with the ARCA race on Speed at 4:00 and the Bud Shootout at 8:00 p.m. On FOX. For those of you that have never watched a Nascar Race, try it, you'll like it. Need more? The Daytona 500 is a 500 mile race around a 2.5 mile banked super speedway, with 43 cars, sometimes three abreast,  attaining speeds of nearly 200 m.p.h.  The race will be televised Sunday afternoon, February 18, on FOX. That, my friends, will be interesting. If you'd like more information go to www.nascar.com .

The Pictures: Dale Earnhardt Jr, will be one of the entries in Saturday's Bud Shootout at Daytona International Speedway.

This Date In History: 1915; The silent motion picture, "Birth Of A Nation", directed by D.W.Griffith opens to mixed, but popular reaction in Los Angeles. 1959; Charles De Gaulle, the President of the newly formed Fifth Republic of France, takes office.

The Karaoke party at Krystel's Restaurant and Nightclub was crazy last night. Good to see Frantz back as emcee and congratulations to Frantz and his lady on the birth of their baby girl. Emilio did his always good job and was featured in a couple of solos. I had several requests, but I sang anyway.

Birthdays: William Tecumsah Sherman, general (1820), Lana Turner (1920).

A Word To The Wise: Gentlemen, do yourselves a favor and start planning what you're going to get your lady for Valentines Day now and make sure you make dinner reservations now, preferably at Krystel's Restaurant and Nightclub. Take my advice, guys and I promise you your chances of living another day will be excellent!

This Just In: In an effort to stop the spread of the Bird Flu, President George Bush bombed the Canary Islands.

That's it for today my little speed freaks. More tomorrow. 

Post Script: Late Entries, Cryptic and Blatant Hellos, Et Cetera; Chill my glass, I'm ready for my Perfect Martini, Cristina, where's Carmen?, Lito, thanks for the soccer help!,  Carrie, you'd better have plans to see me, soon! Thank you toot tones!, Lourdes and Hector, where the hell are you? SusiQ, did you get my message last night?

Stay Tuned !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you enjoy a lot races, and that is very nice, by the way I am sending my congratulations for your page is great.

Your friend Esther