Friday, July 20, 2007

Up The Creek Without A Paddle? I Can Help !

It's Friday and I'm going to hit the road. I've been stymied (remember Stymie ?) in my social engagements since we closed Krystel's and tonight I'm going on a mission. While one awaits the grand opening of The Alibi, one still has to tend one's garden, albeit hoeing (sorry, Podium Al) and weeding. One must till the soil and prepare it for planting, sow the seeds and await the fruits of one' s labor (What in the hell is one talking about? Shut up ! One's on a roll). What the hell, I'm gonna party !

Heather Mills wants 100 million dollars from Paul McCartney. Paul has offered her 40 million. I'd kick both of their asses for $ 100. C'mon guys, get a life !

My buddy CB, a male black lab, passed away last night of old age. His Dad, Jimmy Swann called me today to let me know. Rest in peace, my pal ! 

The Pictures: I picked some flowers for 'ya. It's kinda mixed today, so pick and choose.

This Date In History: 1871; The province of British Columbia joins the dominion of Canada. 1881; Sioux leader, Sitting Bull, surrenders to the U.S. Army under a promise of amnesty. 1969; U.S. Appolo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldron land on the moon, where Armstrong becomes the first person to set foot on the moon.

AREA 51 Report: I'm still waiting further news on the new restaurant. The natives are extremely restless and searching for a temporary site. I've been hanging out at Lakes Cafe lately and it's a brief repite from the monotony. I normally go there on Wednesdays. I'll let you know when I hear more. In the interim, here's a visual on how I feel without seeing my pals at our local watering hole:

                          

Birthdays: Petrarch, poet (1304), Sir Edmund Hillary, mountain climber (1919).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:     "He Said; She Said"

He said: Why do you wear a bra, you've got nothing to put in it. She said: You wear pants, don't you? He said: Why don't we try swapping positions tonight? She said: That's a good idea. You stand by the ironing board while I sit on the sofa, drink beer and fart. He said: Why don't women blink during foreplay? She said: They don't have time. She said: What do you call a woman who knows where her husband is every night? He said: A widow. He said: Why are married women heavier than single women? She said: Single women go home, see what's in the fridge and go to bed. Married women go home, see what's in the bed and go to the fridge !  

That's it for today, my little poppies.The CAT Award and more, tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend, Jimmy!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

MY sincere condolences to your pal CB. I have my Luke, The Wonder Dog (mostly Lab) and I know how hard it is on a person to lose a beloved animal.  As for Heather Mills.................what a slut!   As for Paul (my favorite of the Beatles) shame on you for not getting a prenup!   You kids tired to warn you.   Have fun Jimmy.  Goeorge and I send our love.    Anne

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the poppies!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the "He said, She said" series. Have a good night.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Jimmy! Sorry to hear about your red-truck-napping (earlier post), but you seem no worse for wear! It's hard to hear about nice people (like Paul) of being taken advantage of, but also makes me realize there are knutts out there all over the place. Heather was a shoe-in for large money when she had the baby. And you know, $40 million isn't anything to sneeze at..... I could live rather well on the interest! Send it to ME, Paul!! <grin>
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Party hardy! Loved the pictures, especially the one with the red poppies. For some reason I can't seem to find them this year. Perhaps next year I'll come across them for my garden. He said, she said-no doubt a woman is more compassionate and feeling. (Hugs) Indigo