Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Pardon Me Roy, Is That The Cat That Chewed Your New Shoes?

I can't stand attorneys or politicians and Georgie Bush's pardon of Scooter Libby kinda disturbs me. It's well believed that he's taking the fall for Dick Cheney and I have to admire a soldier falling on his sword, but it's the idea of a presidential pardon that bothers me. Don't think that this is a new concept. Every president has done it, no matter what the party affiliation, so there's no taking sides.

I firmly believe in the authority of pardons, whether national or state. The power, however, should be used for justified reasons, not just because you have the authority to wield it. If you want to start a list of pardons, in order of priorty, lets start with the two Border Patrol agents who are in jail because they shot an illegal Mexican drug runner in the ass while he was escaping. The same Mexican drug runner, who, after receiving immunity in the prosecution of the border patrol agents, was later arrested again for, you guessed it, drug smuggling.

No, until we have a three party system ( (A) Far Left Party, (A) Far Right party and the Tax Paying, Vote What's Right, Freebie Funding Middle Party), we'll just end up as usual, at an impasse with nothing being accomplished. 'Nuff said !

The Pictures: An array of photos, some doctored, some not. A picture for Indigo and.............., you know !

Does any know what today's headline is a parody of ? Hint: It's the first stanza of an old big band song. 

This Date In History: 1608; French explorer Samuel de Champlain establishes the first permanent European settlement in Canada along the St Lawrence River that becomes the city of Quebec. 1775; George Washington takes command of the Continental Army of the American colonies at Cambridge, Massachusetts. 1971; Rock and Roll singer Jim Morrison, leader of the Doors, dies in Paris of a drug overdose.

Birthdays: John Copley, painter (1738), Tom Cruise, actor (1962).

In my Internet jaunts today, I came across a Video on AOL Videos that struck me in multiple ways. The singer is Jewel and she's singing with an animation which I assume is a movie (I waayyy behind on animated movies). Not only is the song good, but the animation is marvelous and I loved the lyrics (words, for the hard of understanding). I hope you enjoy it.

Here's Jewel performing "Quest For Love"

                         
                                   Powered by AOL Video

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:   Thanks, Beverly !

A blonde was shopping in an expensive shoe store in Florida, looking for genuine alligator high heels. Frustrated with the prices, she said to the salesman, "These prices are too high. Maybe I'll just catch me an alligator and get the shoes for free!" The salesman said with a slight smile, " Lady, why don't you just give that a try." The blonde headed off towards a nearby swamp, determined to catch an alligator.

Later in the day, the salesman, on his way home, sees the blonde in waistdeep, murky water with a shotgun in her hand. As he pulled his car to a stop, he saw a ten foot alligator rapidly swimming towards her.

In a split second, the blonde shoots the alligator and hauls him up the slippery bank. Nearby, there are seven other gators, all dead and belly up. The salesman watched in amazement as the blonde flipped the huge creature onto it's back.

Rolling her eyes towards heaven, she screams in fustration, " Damn, this one's barefoot, too !" 

That's it for today, my little mushrooms. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jimmy,
I hope your pre-4th of July festivities are running smoothly. I know they are if you have the perfect martini sitting in front of you... or rather, in your hand!!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Ooh...I love Jewel.   Never heard that one and yes, it's quite nice!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I used to listen to Jewel. The animation is awesome, makes me want to discover what film it's for. As for Bush, he's been digging his own grave for some time now. How it works is this, he keeps everyone out of trouble that has to do with this conspiracy and hopefully it won't come back and bite his ass. In the end all roads lead to him. As if we haven't noticed this war is turning into the second Vietnam.
(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

IT KINDA BOTHERS YOU?
This is JUST the beginning!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jimmy! I just love your pictures! I never know what I'm gonna see when I click on them!
I had to laugh at your comment in my journal about it taking so long loading my page.  You're still on dial up?? Man...that would be frustrating to me LOL!

I hope you have a great July 4th! Stay safe!
Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

I'm really surprised that no one has guessed the parody on today's headlines.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I KNOW it..........It's "Pardon me Boys, It's That The Chattanogga Cho Cho?" My friend used to sing your version to me years ago and it's still funny!!!!!  The joke is pretty funny too.  Anne/ksquester