Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's Oscar The Cat ! - Run For Your Life !

 

                       

Look, I probably love animals more than most people, but I'm going to tell you something. If you see Oscar the cat coming towards your room, shut the door and don't let him in ! You'll live to thank me for this warning.

You see, Oscar was adopted as a kitten by a nursing facility and grew up in a dementia unit. He quickly became the darling of the medical personnel and patients, even making rounds with the doctors and nurses until....

Well, it seems Oscar has sort of a unique ability. He has accurately "predicted" the arrival of the "grim reaper" twenty-five times. Oscar's modus operandi has been to lie down beside several of the more sickly patients, twenty-five of whom died within 24 hours. Evidently, the cat is able to sense impending death and once sensed, lies beside the patient. While CNN, who aired the story, and others find this comforting, it gives me the "willies". I don't get the "willies" too often, but when I get the "willies".. (would you stop it with the "willies" ! Sorry !).

I mean, imagine, you're in the hospital, you're not feeling great, but then again, you don't think you're dying and you see Oscar and the Doctors walking towards your room. I don't know about you, but I'm getting up, I.V.'s and all, and closing the door. But, That's just me.

PostScript: Author's note; Just a quick observation and post thought. The above, while true, is intended to be humorously slanted. With the recent jailing of Michael Vick and other concerns of serious matter, I am very serious about the humane treatment of animals and some of the wonderful things that they do for people. I have personally seen animals with this type of "sense" and the comfort and care that they give to people who are ill is amazing. 

The Pictures: Oscar the prognosticator in his full glory. Take a look at sone new pictures, a picture for Indigo and, you know....

I went to Lakes Cafe, a local wateringhole, last evening to see my pals, Hector and Lourdes. As it turned out, I ran into my friend, Danny, whom I haven't seen in a while. Danny has recently acquired part ownership in the restaurant and lounge and has some pretty exciting new plans for renovations, which should take place within the next four to six weeks.Danny's plans include a number of improvements including karaoke with Will Smith as the emcee. Will is a good friend of mine and we have sang together on many occasions. This could be an ideal site for the AREA 51 group, in that it's very close to the former Krystel's Restaurant. I'm going there Friday and I hope you'll join me, too. I'll give you the address, phone number and directions in Friday's journal entry.

This Date In History: 1952; Eva Peron ("Evita"), popular wife of Argentine president Juan Peron, dies of cancer at age 33. 1956; Eguptian president Gamel Abdul Nasser announces the nationalization of the Suez Canal. On July 31st, Britain, France and the United States retaliate with financial sanctions.

Birthdays: George Bernard Shaw, playwright and critic (1856), Stanley Kubrick, film director (1928), Mick Jagger, rock and roll great.

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: A man will pay twenty dollars for a ten dollar item he needs. A woman will pay ten dollars for a twenty dollaritem she doesn't need. Married women live longer than married men. This due to the fact that married men are more willing to die. A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is a new argument. 

                           

If you tired of the old ladies poking you in the ribs at weddings and saying "You're next", try doing the same to them at a funeral. That usually eliminates the problem.

That's it for today, my little puppies. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My MIL has a terminal illness.  Her cat which has never been the most affectionate cat has taken to sleeping with her nightly, now I am nervous.


               Julie

Anonymous said...

That's 'odd' about the cat thing, but, I think a lot of animals can 'predict' things such as that. Perhaps it is a 'caring' type of thing??  dunno.,,,,, just a thought...

Jackie

Anonymous said...

It's not been unknown for old people to leave their wealth to cats homes. Perhaps Oscar has inside information.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard