Friday, July 27, 2007

It's Friday And I'm Heading For Lakes Cafe And Pub !

Well, it's Friday and before I screw up my computer any more, I'm going to happy hour at Lakes Cafe and Pub. My friend, Danny, runs the place and he's in the process of making a few improvements. I sure it's going to be a good wateringhole for the residents of AREA 51 and we're going to give it a go tonight. For the locals, it's located at 6125 Miami Lakes Drive East and the phone number is (305) 822-3077. It's been a while since I've seen some of my pals and I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Speaking of my computer, I made what I thought was a minor correction in Thursday's entry and royally screwed it up. If it wasn't for my obsessive-compulsive little mind, I would have just left it alone and gone on with Friday's entry. But, nooooooo, I've just got to correct the spelling or add a thought or something which would allow my pal, Murphy, to apply his long standing law. The end result was that I had to delete all the pictures and just add the one of Oscar the Cat (Surely you rant. Shutup and don't call me Shirley).

The Pictures: I just added a few today (my bad) because I fear that the the comp might screw it up again. If it works, I may add more (probably not).

This Date In History: 1866; Funded by Cyrus West Field and others, the first Atlantic cable is completed  allowing telgraph communication between the United States and Europe. 1940; Bugs Bunny makes his film debut in Warner Brothers cartoon "A Wild Hare". 1953; The United Nations, North Korea and the United States sign an armistice agreement ending the Korean War.

Birthdays: Leo Durocher, American professional baseball player and coach (1905), Norman Lear, TV producer (1922), Peggy Flemming, U.S. olympic skater and gold medal winner in the 1968 winter olympics (1948).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:

The man walked into his brother's house, bruised and tattered. His brother asked, "Where have you been?" The man replied, "I just got back fron burying my mother-in-law."

His brother asked, "How in the word did your clothes get so torn and you get so dirty?" The man replied, "She wouldn't lie still."

                         

Another little example of "airbrushing" ladies and gentlemen. I can guarantee you that whoever worked on touching up this photograph was up all night, 'cause Kathy Griffin ain't no spring chicken and she's never looked like that !

That's it for today, my little Tequila shooters. The CAT award and more tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good time....
Hey, I wonder how good I could look w/ some airbrushing...

Nah....

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Kathy Griffin has NEVER looked like the mag cover on TV!!!  <snif> I wanna be air-brushed tooooooooooooooooooooo.............. wahhhhhhhhhhhh
Jackie
(the air-brushed one!!)

Anonymous said...

You keep me in stitches.  Enjoy your happy hour and I'll drink to that. I love the size of his glass btw.  Steer clear of cats, including shithead.  Anne

Anonymous said...

I hope you had fun last night with your Area 51 buddies, and aren't too...well...hungover this AM!! LOL!
Have a good day.
Pam