Saturday, July 28, 2007

Michael Vick and The Maryland Justice System Are Co-Winners Of The Cat's Ass Trophy !

A plethora of fine candidates for the Cat's Ass Trophy didn't not cause any concerns for Co-Judge Shithead (my cat) nor myself. We decided to award the prized Cat's Ass Trophy to co-winners Michael Vick and the Maryland Justice System.

Vick, although presumed innocent until proven guilty, receives his Award merely because it has been determined that there was illegal and cruel dog fighting on his property and his supposed ignorance that the dog fighting structures and arenas existed only gives his Award further merit.

The Maryland Justice System dismissed rape charges against a Liberian man because of the supposed failure of being able to find and provide an interpreter for the defendant. The man, who attended high school and some college in the United States, answered police questions in English and allegedly gave implicit sexual instructions in English to the seven year old girl that he violated.

The Department of Agriculture gets kudos for a close second place in their pursuit of caging the "Hemingway" cats in key West as opposed to, lets say, checking Chinese products for dangerous ingredients or stopping the daily flow of illegal aliens at the Mexican border. Uh, priorities, anyone? Doh !

My close encounters with the inhabitants of the ever mystical AREA 51 came to fruition last evening as we met at Lakes Cafe and Pub. I was joined by Hector and Lourdes, Marc and Rosie and even Carmen stopped by for a little while. Danny was the ever polite host and we had a good time. The karaoke show was emceed by Ben and there were quite a few talented singers last night.

I also got to see a lot of friends who I have not seen in a while including my pal and fellow musician George, Frankie the "Godfather", Aooogga (like the sound of an old car horn, that's his name), fellow singer Oscar and quite a few more. We'll be heading back there again next Wednesday.

The Pictures: Michael Vick, the cool dude before and the indictee after. Notice the change in looks and dress. It's funny how the droopy drawers, the misplaced hat, and the hair style becomes much more subdued when you be seeing 'da judge ! Of course, a picture, not only for Indigo, but "borrowed" from her album and .... you guessed it, the "usual suspects".

This Date In History: 1750; German composer Johann Sebastian Bach dies at age 65 after a failed eye operation. 1868; The 14th amendment to the U.S. Constitution is ratified giving citizenship and civil rights to Blacks. 1945; A B-25 bomber, lost in the clouds, crashes into the 79th floor of the Empire State building, killing 14 people. 1976; Two earthquakes, one 8.2 on the Richter Scale, happen in Tangshan Province, killing 240,000 people.

Birthdays: Beatrix Potter, English writer of childrens books and creator of Peter Rabbit (1866), John Ashbery, poet (1928), Bill Bradley, politician and professional basketball player (1943).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: You're going to like this one! I just got it this morning.

                                      

Just A quick note;  Shithead my Wondercat, just came out of the kitchen meowing while his mouth is still full of cat food. I can't described the sound except to tell you to try to say "meow" with your mouth full of food. It's a guttural sound and really funny. The he curls up at my feet to sleep and begins snoring. Too funny !  

That's it for today, my little crooners. Have a nice weekend and more on Monday.

Stay Tuned !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you and Shithead did a grand job in picking this weeks winner of the CAT award. The Maryland justice system should be RAPED. I never knew about the B-25 bomber crashing into the Empire State building.  You're rather pithy today.  Oh, Luke is getting up the nerve to answer Shalika.    HUGS,  Anne

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time with your buddies!
Pam

Anonymous said...

First, what is that guy in the back holding?
Second, how about a little video clip of Shithead??

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm playing catch up again. You can borrow a picture from my journal anytime you wish dear heart.  Amazing the transformation someone undergoes when they are in the hot seat. I've had a little of that lately with the latest comments to my entries. I'm still me, still not bending. Thanks for sticking by my me. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Good choices for the award! I have to agree on both. I saw on the news (CNN?) where it only took them a couple of hours to find someone that speaks his native language. Geez....  Have a fun Sunday!!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

 Great choices for the award.

           Julie