Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's Been Tuesday For 37 Hours !

Tuesday has moved slowly and I'm beginning to think it's stalling for time. It kind of reminds me of the Eisenhower doll. You wind it up and it does nothing for eight years. Maybe it's just me, but I think Tuesday's getting jealous of Wednesday and is trying to screw everything up. I'm on to you, Tuesday ! I can wait you out !

Tell me your drink: Although I'm aware of most of your individual preferences as to cocktails, I'd be interested to know everyone's favorite drink. You can either enter it as a comment or for the painfully shy, you can email me at JimSulliv3@aol.com .

Odds and ends: I was amused to see the barrage of emails to CNN protesting the story about Michael Vick and associates, and their alleged dogfighting activities. It seems there are people who feel that CNN has tried and convicted Mr. Vick before his court date, because of his race. Perhaps they should call "Podium Al" Sharpton to the rescue.... Supreme Court Justice John Roberts had a seizure the other day at his home. As it turns out, his health problems were "known about at the time prior to his confirmation, but felt that it wasn't a problem". Uh, a person who, in his interpretation of law, affects many people of this nation and it "wasn't a problem?".... Star Jones, the former co-host of "The View", has finally admitted to having a gastric bypass to lose weight. I am 100% in favor of this type of surgery, and I've seen it work. Jones, whose "holier than thou" attitude always rubbed me the wrong way, ferociously denied the surgery and boldly stated that she lost the weight through diet and exercise. This aggravates me no end because it implies that gastric bypass surgery is not an option and I know better !

The Iraqui legislature is taking a month off for vacation. While our troops are fighting and being injured or killed, the Iraqui legislature is taking a month off for vacation ! Well, we wanted their government to be more like ours, so...... Be careful what you wish for !

The Pictures: I received some interesting sculpture photos today which I may or may not include all today. They're super interesting, but I need more time to digest what the artist's intent was before I run the full layout. Today, I have a picture for my pal, Jackie. She's one hell of a gardener and my sunflower picture for her today only pales when compared to hers. You can check Jackie out by going to her site which is located under "other journals" on this site and is called "Life in Bama" or for the real lazy, just click this link. http://journals.aol.com/bamawmn46/lifeinbama/ . I've also included a picture for Pamela of the sunset in California.

Here's one of the sculptures. I'll give you details tomorrow.

                               

This Date In History: 1941; German field marshall Hermann Goring sends a Nazi security director, Reynard Heydrich, ordering him to prepare a "final solution to the Jewish question": the extermination of the Jews. 1975; Jimmy Hoffa, the former president of the Teamsters Union, is reported missing. Although his body has never been found, He is believed to have been kidnapped and murdered (ya think?).

Birthdays: Jean Dubuffet, painter (1901), Evonne Goolagong Crawley, tennis player (1951).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:  After three weeks in the Garden of Eden, God came to visit Eve and said, "So,how's it going?" Eve said, "It's beautiful, God. Everything is so serene and wonderful. I do have one problem. It's these three breasts you gave me."

God said, "Yeah, I know. I thought you'd like them." Eve said, "That's just it, I don't like them. The middle one pushes the other two outward and when I walk, they get in the way, they snag things, they're a real pain."

God said, "Well, I'm kinda new at this. I gave the other animals six breasts and I thought you'd only need half that amount. But, I see your point and I take care of that." With that, God removed the middle breast and threw it into the bushes.

Three weeks later, God returned to speak with Eve. "So, hows my favorite creation?" Eve said, "Just fine except for one minor oversight on your part. All the other animals are paired up except me. Ya know it get's kinda lonely."

God said, "You know, you right! How could I have overlooked that. I will take a part from your body and create Man. Where's that useless boob I threw away?"

That's it for today, my little apple pickers. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am such the vokda lush.............I love Level 1, grey goose, stoli, and I love a "dirty" martini...............dirty girl ME!  Dear God, I hate to admit it, but I look forward to your daily entry.   So come visit me sometime.............and tell me who said," When I'm good, I'm very good, and when I'm bad, I'm better"   PLUS, there is an ART to making a good cosmo............not too SWEET!     HUGS,   Anne

Anonymous said...

That sculpture is freaky!!
Besides white wine, I also like a nice BayBreeze...I also like Amaretto (as you know), I also like Pina coladas...getting caught in the rain...stop me now.

Nancy :p

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2007/07/31/just-my-position/1782

Anonymous said...

PS.  Thanks much for showing my favorite spot...Pinocchio knows my OTHER favorite spot.

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2007/07/31/just-my-position/1782

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sunflowers and bloody mary, Jimmy!! They are bright and happy or at least, I'd be real happy after one or two bloody marys!! Cute joke... finally, the truth comes out.... <grin>
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jimmy, thanks for the Cosmo and the Sunset! Loved them both! LOL on the boob joke! Soooo true!! LOL!
Weird sculpture! I am looking forward to seeing the others in the collection.
Have a good night.
Pam

Anonymous said...

As you know I don't drink anymore. At times I was known to drink the hard stuff, the drinks that would burn you all the way down. On that count one of my fav. used to be Brambuie. Yep, true gut rot for sure. Now I'm more likely to have Sun Tea on hand. As for the neg. about Vicks color being a prominent factor why doesn't that surprise me? I got a bit of backlash over a couple of recent post about the Native Res. seems a few people thought I was against whites. You can't win. Just tell it like it is and hope the majority actually gets it. Loved the pics as usually dear heart. The one with the purple sky in the horizon was out there, beautiful. I've heard that story before about the thired boob. I think that about says it all. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I like sculptures that make me think.  I think these would. If I like them or not I guess I will have to check them out.  I have been stuck on beer for so long, lets see......Not sure of the spelling but I drank this with my dear departed Mom.  Smith and Korens? (sp).   Checking out the pictures if and when they decide to load for me.

                  Julri