Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Cockroaches Are Coming Out Of The Woodwork !

Unbelievable ! Just when ya thought it was safe to go back into the water ! Well, let's get started.... let's see, it seems Lindsay Lohan came out of rehab (and her coma), hit the streets for a time and was arrested again yesterday on DUI and cocaine possesion charges. Good to see that celebrity rehab is still everything it's cracked up to be.

An NBA ref has been charged with fixing games for the mob by blatantly charging teams with foul penalties. Wow, ya think?

I'm not going to get into the "You Tube" debate for the simple reason that I dislike politicians almost as much as I dislike attorneys. Suffice to say the my choice for the democratic nominee is still Sammy Davis Jr.  

The Federal Department of Agriculture is attempting to have the "Hemingway Cats", who roam freely on the grounds of the Ernest Hemingway House in Key West, Florida, caged and/or removed from the property. The cats, descendants of a cat owned by Hemingway and known for their paws which have six and seven toes, are popular with the locals and the tourists and are a major attraction for the property. My cat, Shithead, has seven toes and is a descendant of these cats.

The FDA should take over the patrol of the U.S. /Mexican Border and spend time stopping and deporting illegal aliens, terrorists and drug runners and let Key West handle the cat "problem". Shithead nominates the FDA for the Cat's Ass Trophy.

On a more pleasant note, Drew Carey has been selected to host The Price Is Right, replacing the retired Bob Barker. It's an excellent choice and restores my sanity, which went south for a time, when I heard they were interviewing Rosie O'Diesel as a possible choice.

The Pictures: I found these over the weekend. They're taken from a slide show I was sent a few months ago and I forgot about them. I find them interesting and I hope you do too. As per my wont, there's always a few oddities included.

This Date In History: 1847; Religous leader Brigham Young and his followers arrive at the Great Salt Lake in Utah and establishes a settlement later to be called Salt Lake City. When asked about the possibility of bringing more women and potential brides for the male members he responded, "That's fine with me and as to their age, I have no specific preference, just Brigham Young." 1866; Tennessee becomes the first state to be re-admitted to the Union after the Civil War. 1974; The U.S. Supreme Court rules that President Nixon must turn over the tapes of White House conversations about the Watergate scandal to prosecutor Leon Jawaorski.

Birthdays: Amelia Earhart, aviator (1897), Karl Malone, basketball player (1963), Barry Bonds, baseball player (1964).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:

                            

                       

That's it for today, my little skittles. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems that this week is busy with candidates for the Cat Ass award!! LOL!
I am also glad that Drew got the job. I think he'll be funny!
Hope you have a good night.
Pam

Anonymous said...

  Very good entry.  Funny, great pictures, funny jokes, yup, good job, LOL.  I love your Cat awards.

                   Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey Jimmy!! I like the pics and the 'toons! Good job on keeping us amused! I think Lindsay Lohan is washed up... be it 'actress', person and stability! Looks like she needs to spend a little time in the pokey...   I think Drew Carey will make a great replacement for Bob Barker, although, I was a little surprised! Have a great Hump Day!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Rosie O'Disel didn't make it as host of The Price is Right, as is my husband.  He says she wouldn't want to do it anyway, as it wouldn't give her time to get up on her soapbox. :)

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I'll say it again the world and what ills it are upside down. I like the idea of Drew Carey taking over the price is right I think he's perfect for the show. Loved the pics! (Hugs) Indigo