Sunday, April 22, 2007

I Lost Saturday !

So, I looked up and Saturday was gone, but that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone (hmm...maybe I'll write a song). Ok, I had a slight hangover, I had to take care of Chico (Dr. Marc's siberian husky; Marc's in Puerto Rico), and I had to wash clothes. There ! Are you happy now?

As you might have surmised by now, Friday night at Krystel's was a gigantic party and yours truly was right in the middle of it (and I loved it). Great friends, good singers and music and more importanly, beautiful women, including my sweet Nicole, who made came by to see me. As the major witness for the prosecution, I hereby name Hector and Lourdes, Raul, Nikki and J.C., Emilio, Melina, Brenda, Jorge, Mario, Armando, Larry, Ginnie, Dr. Saca Muella and a host of beauties who really should dance with me more often, as the primary causes for my Saturday lapse and failure to make my regular journal entry. Besides that, the dog ate my homework.

So, I washed my clothes and stuff (?) and I realized that I was cutting the little strings that seem to always emerge from my towels. Does anyone else mow their towels or is it that it's time to buy new towels?

The U.S. Attorney General, Alberto Gonzales,  said "I don't recall" 74 times during the hearings last week. I, personally, don't recall ever hearing someone say "I don't recall" so many times before. But then again, I have used the term before, especially when I was married. It reminds me of the time when a state trooper pulled me over, accused me of drinking, and asked to see my I.D. So I asked him to hold my beer and I took out my license and showed it to him.........What?  

The Pictures: In Memorium, Virginia Tech.  I've included the inimitable Stan Getz, today's featured artist along with vocalist, Astrud Gilberto. A picture of Chico, Dr. Marc's dog, who I'm doggie sitting.

These Dates In History: Saturday; 1836; Shouting "Remember The Alamo", General Sam Houston defeats Mexican forces in the battle of San Jacinto, winning independence for Texas. 1910; Mark Twain (Samuel Clemmons) author of "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" dies. 1918; Germany's world War I flying ace, Manfred von Richthofen, the notorious "Red Baron", is shot down behind British lines. Sunday; 1864; Congress authorizes the use of "In God We Trust" on U.S. coins; Several days later, merchants add the phrase, "All others pay cash !" 

Here's Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto performing "Girl From Ipanema", one of the classiest sounds I ever listened to. This sexy song brings back fond memories for me and I hope it does the same for you.

                                     

Birthdays: April 21; John Muir, naturalist, explorer and writer  (1838) Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (1926), April 22; Isabella I, Queen of Castile (1451), Vladimir Lenin, Soviet leader (1870), Jack Nicholson, actor (1937) 

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: As a result of the Don Imus and Al Sharpton fiasco, there will only be 49 entries in the Miss USA pageant. No one wants to wear the sash that says IDAHO. (Thanks Victor !)  

That's it for today. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the party was a blast!! As for mowing your towels? Next time instead of cutting the little strings off, cut them into cleaning rags and get some new towels hon. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "that's my brother"????  I know people cut corners but towels????  Leave it to the Sullivan's!!!!lol
hugs and kisses to my big brother, who by the way, is not only an animal lover (he rescued shithead from the dumpster) but also a talented singer, guitar, piano and organ player!!!  WOW!  Thanks for the $50 Jim....love your lil sis Jeanne