Thursday, April 5, 2007

Headline ? I Don't Need No Stinkin' Headline !

Although I have a general idea (?) of what I want to write each day in my journal, I don't write anything down except Birthdays and This Date In History (I do occasionally forget to write down some dates, but I just make up my own. You do? Yes, I do ! You're sick. I know). One of the main things I should have in mind when I start to write is a headline, this normally being the theme that one would be expected to follow. As a rule, this is not a problem, except for Thursdays and Saturdays, since Wednesday and Friday evenings are spent at Krystel's Restaurant.

Today, as you might have noticed, I obviously don't have a headline. This is due to the fact that I spent last evening with my pals Lydia and Alfonso, Doctor Marc and Rosie, Dr. Saca Muela, Melina and Emilio, and Arthur, a good friend I haven't seen in a while. Arthur's excuse in coming in late for a Sambuca was that he saw my car parked outside (right). I also have a problem today with walking and chewing gum at the same time.

The Pictures: Thanks to my friend, Beverly, for these cute pictures of Baby and Dog ( and no, the dog wasn't my date last night, although she is attractive).

This Date In History: 1614; Pocahontas, daughter of native American chief, Powahatan, marries American colonists, John Rolfe, in Jamestown, Virginia. 1951; U.S. citizens, Jules and Ethel Rosenberg, are sentenced to death for spying for the Soviet Union. 1976; Billionaire Howard Hughes dies in Houston Texas.                               

                                  

Birthdays: Booker T. Washington, educator; He later joined with the MG's to form a musical group (1856), Spencer Tracy, actor  (1900), Bette Davis, actress (1908), Gregory Peck, actor  (1916), General Colin Powell, U.S. Army (1937).

Howard K. Stern ("A-1st class"), is in discussions with attorney Lin Ward, who specializes in defamation of character suits (I believe you need to have character in order for same to be defamed). Ward previously has represented Patsy and John Ramsey in defamation suits against Time, Court TV, Fox News  (really ?), and others. Good Luck, Mr. Ward, you've got your work cut out for you ! 

State Mottos: (Thanks to sweetie pie, Beverly) Alabama:  Hell yes, we have electricity. California:  By 30, our women have more plastic than your Honda. Florida:  Ask us about our voting skills. Indiana: Two billion years tidal wave free. Iowa:  We do amazing things with corn. Kentucky:  Five million people, 15 last names. Louisiana:  We be signing petitions for help. Here's a few; x,x,x,x,xjr. Montana:  Home of the Unabomber. New Jersey:  You want a #X$%& motto? I got yer #X$%& motto right here. New York:  You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to an attorney. Texas:  Se habla Ingles. Wisconsin:  Cut the cheese. Wyoming:  Where men are men....and sheep are scared !       

That's it for today, my little baby cuddlers. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned ! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim wrote: "and no, the dog wasn't my date last night, although she is attractive"...
OK... the dog or the date? <grin>  
Jackie