Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursdays Always Come Too Early !

Since I always seem to be getting home at that hour anyway, I asked the paperboy if he was hiring anyone part time for Thursday and Saturday mornings, but he just smiled and indicated that he thought the route would be a little too difficult for me.

My cat, Shithead, was patiently waiting for me to get home this morning because I was low on cat food when I left for AREA 51 last evening. For some reason, I thought I'd get home early, but I bought his cat food first, just in case. Predictably, it turned out to be good idea because I didn't leave Lakes Cafe and Pub until late (as in people were leaving to go to work).

He still had a little food left in his dish, but when it gets low, he just looks at it like one looks at leftovers at the dinner table. I gave him the old "people in China are starving" routine, but he told me to ship the crap to China, 'cept he didn't say crap.

There's this thing going on over at the Magic Smoke journal and the idea is to add a caption to a picture that they post. I rather like the idea, so I posted the following caption to this picture:

                                    

                       "Ok, I get the 'bright-eyed' part, but 'bushy-tailed'?"

What I really wanted to post was "I wonder what she meant when she said that I must have posed for the CAT Award?" Then, I figured the only people who would get it would be you guys, so I didn't post it.

The game evidently goes on every Wednesday and it looks like fun. They only thing I have to remember to do is make a post there on Wednesday, because if I wait until Thursday (like I did today), my thinking isn't quite clear, especially after last night's "excursion" to AREA 51, if you get my drift.

The Pictures: Today's theme is flowers because I've been stea.., borrowing pictures from Nancy and Julie and Beth and........, well, just take a gander at some of these shots.

This Date In History: 1790; The first U.S. patent law, protecting inventions against piracy, is approved. 1866; The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) is founded in New York. 1912; The British luxury liner Titanic sets off on it's maiden voyage across the Atlantic Ocean; five days later it sinks after hitting an iceberg. 1925; The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald is published; it will become one of the most important novels of the 20th century.

Birthdays: William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army (1829), Joseph Pulitzer, journalist and newspaper publisher (1847), Claire Booth Luce, playwright and legislator (1903), Omar Sharrif, actor (1932), Paul Theroux, novelist and writer (1941).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: More of Brother Kirt's sage advice....

Kirt's Facts Of Life Part - Deaux

1) There is always one more imbecile than you counted on. 2) Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. 3) By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends. 4) Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world. 5) It ain't the jeans that makes your butt too fat. 6) There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness. 7) Never trust a naked bus driver. 8) You will never find a compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time. 9) Never say anything to woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you actually see a baby coming out of her at that particular moment! 10) The one thing that unites all humans is that we ALL think we are above average drivers. 11) Always remember that a lone amateur built the Ark and a group of professionals built the Titanic. 12) Never lick a steak knife.

                              

That's it for today my little ginger bread cookies. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the facts of life...and the pictures too!  I can't tell which are mine exactly!  I really need to put my name/stamp on them.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Great pics , thanks for the smiles

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures, especially the birds of paradise and the crocuses. <grin>

The caption thing at Magic Smoke is fun! I liked both of yours. Ken and I have both put up a couple.

Beth

Anonymous said...

That poor cat....I think he needs to come live with Gabi.  Maybe your paperboy thinks you've switched to the grave yard shift. Hey, that's what you can tell him...
Linda in WA      

Anonymous said...

TGIAF!!

I am looking forward to some off days. We have only about 6 more weeks of school and LOOK-OUT world!! I'm about ready to blow!  LOL

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I love your comments for the picture especially the second one and the final picture well it says it all ... have a great time this weekend and don't do anything I wouldn't do and if you do tell me about lol
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Loved the caption for the picture! So your officially a night-owl now? (winks) Party for the both of us hon. (Hugs) Indigo