Monday, April 7, 2008

Manic Monday - Ya Gotta Start Somewhere !

I partied rather hardy in AREA 51 at Lakes Cafe and Pub Friday night. Oddly enough, Plan A was "just to chill", but to quote Sidney Sheldon, "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry." My mentor and spiritual advisor, Johnny Walker Black, suggested that we go with "Alternate Plan B" and away we went.

My pal, Gipsy, hosted the karaoke show and that was one of the main reasons I went to Lakes Cafe. I wasn't in very good voice, but I sang a couple of songs anyway. It was good to see Hector and Lourdes there. Actually, I didn't really see them and I received a call from them on my cell phone. I told them I was at Lakes Cafe and asked where they were. The said, "we're sitting across the bar from you."

What can I tell you, it was dark (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). I arrived home at a respectable hour and Friday's foray to AREA 51 was officially a complete game with no hits, no runs, no errors and nobody left on bar...er, base.

                                                       Gif Mon 02

The Cat's Ass Trophy Mark A. Castillo, from Rockville, Maryland was nominated for the CAT Award by Jackie. Castillo picked up his three children, ages six, four and two, from his estranged wife and drowned them in a bathtub at a hotel. My only hope is that he gets what he deserves in the penitentiary.

Odds And Ends: My buddy got pulled over this weekend by a Florida Highway Patrol officer who had Alzheimer's Disease. When he pulled off the road, the trooper walked up to his car and said "Do I know why I pulled you over?"

The Pictures: I was browsing through my photograph portfolio and I came across this picture. I do not know how credible the story is, but the thought is certainly beautiful. If the story is actually true, then it is more beautiful indeed.

                      

The picture is from an article entitled "Rescue Hug", entailing the first week in the life of twins. It seems that each twin was put in their respective incubators and one was not expected to live.

A hospital nurse fought against the hospital rules and placed the babies in one incubator. When they were placed together, the healthier of the two threw her arm over her sister. The smaller baby's heart stabilized and her temperature rose to normal.

The final thought of the article was "let us not forget to embrace those whom we love." That works for me ! Nuff said !

I picked out some of my more interesting pictures for your perusal.

This Date In History: 1919; The Original Dixieland Jazz Band, the first jazz band to record its music, makes its debut in London, England; its song "Tiger Rag" becomes popular. 1940: Educator Booker T. Washington becomes the first Black pictured on a U.S. postage stamp. 1948; The World Health Organization, an agency of the United Nations dedicated to improving worldwide health, come into existence. 1949; Rodgers and Hammerstein's musical play "South Pacific", opens on Broadway; it earns a Pulitzer Prize the following year. 1980; U.S. president Jimmy Carter breaks off diplomatic relations with Iran during the hostage crisis.

Birthdays: Saint Francis Xavier, Jesuit missionary (1506), William Wordsworth, poet (1700), Billie Holiday, nee Eleanora Fagan, jazz-blues singer (1915), Ravi Shankar, sitarist and composer (1920), Francis Ford Coppola, director (1939).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:     The Gift Of Gloves

A young man wished to purchase a gift for his new sweetheart's birthday, and as they had not been dating very long, he decided a pair of gloves would strike the right note -- romantic, but not too personal.

Accompanied by his sweetheart's younger sister, he bought a pair of white gloves; the younger sister purchased a pair of panties for herself.

During the wrapping, the clerk mixed up the items and the sister got the gloves and the sweetheart got the panties. Without checking the contents first, he sealed his package and mailed it to his sweetheart along with this note:

Darling,

I chose these because I noticed that you are not in the habit of wearing any when we go out in the evening. If it had not been for your sister, I would have chosen the long ones with buttons, but she wears short ones that are easy to remove.

These are a delicate shade, but the lady I bought them from showed me the pair she had been wearing for the past three weeks and they were hardly soiled. I had her try yours on for me and she looked really smart.

I wish I were there to put them on you for the first time, as no doubt other hands will come in contact with them before I have a chance to see you again.

When you take them off, remember to blow in them before putting them away as they will naturally be a little damp from wearing. Just think how many times I will kiss them during the coming year. I hope you will wear them for me on Friday night.

All my Love,
Hollingsworth

P.S The latest style is to wear them folded down with a little fur showing.

That's it for today my little bacon bits. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my....I haven't heard that one for a long time.  Once again..great pcitures.  Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

Jimmy, salute today is the 75th yaer of the end of prohibition!

Anonymous said...

ahh great entry I loved it and have missed you I am trying to get back to normal what ever that is have a good night darlin
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

First of all... thanks for the beautiful flowers!

Great stories in your journal today! Good to hear you didn't stay on bar... base....

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I worry a little about how much you party, Mr. J.
Hmmm....

(I posted some more flower pics, btw)

Nance

Anonymous said...

 Sounds like you had fun Friday, at least it is rumored, LOL.   Love the pictures today.  Nature, ain't it grand.

                                  Julie

Anonymous said...

The story about the twins was inspiring if nothing else. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Great picture of the babies. Aww!

You've been tagged.

Beth