Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We're Off To See The Wonderful Wizard Of Ahs !

It was only Tuesday, but my sweet Nicole called me last evening to see if I wanted to go out. That's like asking a bear if he shi.., er, that's like asking the Pope if he's Catholic.

We stopped by Lakes Cafe for happy hour with the final destination intended to be The Billiards Club. I say intended because although we did end up there, we stopped at The Alibi martini bar on the way. It used to be Krystel's Nightclub and my pal, Guillermo, is the bartender there so we stopped in to say hello. I took a few pictures with my cell phone, but Guillermo had his camera also and he took a few pictures of Nikki and I as well. I'll try and show you the pics when he sends them.

From The Alibi we headed over to The Billiards Club and spent the remainder of the evening there chit-chatting while watching the playoff game. Here's a picture that Guillermo took with my cell phone camera.

                     

Today is Hump Day and normally a day that I'm rearing to go see my pals in AREA 51 and socialize. My get up and go has not got up and went but after last night, I may have to use my handy ACME defibrillator to get my heart started. But fear not, my little tequilla shooters, I will be prepared and ready for my Wednesday night expedition into socialville.

For AOL Users, take a look the next time you send mail. The graphic that normally comes up that says "you mail has been sent' now has advertisements on it. Just another perk for using AOL. They should be giving us toilet paper with the AOL logo on it, because that's one of its better uses !

The Pictures: It's called the Lemon festival and it's in Menton, France, a city on the French Riviera located between Monaco and the Italian Alps. These are some of the most interesting pictures I've seen in a while. Aside from the pictures of the town and nearby Monaco, the displays are made completely of lemons and oranges. I hope you enjoy them.

This Date In History: 1881; Clara Barton establishes the American Red Cross, a counterpart to the European humanitarian agency founded in Switzerland in 1864. 1932; Amelia Earhart becomes the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic, when she arrives in Ireland from Newfoundland, Canada. 1945; American movie star Humphrey Bogart marries his "To Have and Have Not" costar Lauren Bacall. 1961; U.S. president John F. Kennedy commits the country to "landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to Earth before this decade is out." 1991; Rajiv Ghandi, former prime minister of India, is assassinated during election campaigns. His mother, Prime Minister Indira Ghandi, was assassinated in 1984.

Birthdays: Alexander Pope, poet (1688), Henri Rousseau, painter (1844), Fats Waller, musician (1904), Andrey Sakharov, Soviet nuclear physicist, Nobel laureate and father of the Soviet Union's hydrogen bomb (1921).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: The

One evening a husband, thinking he was being funny, said to his wife,"Perhaps we should start washing you clothes in Slim Fast. Maybe it would take a few inches off you butt."

His wife was not amused and decided that she simply could not let such a comment go unrewarded.

The next morning the husband took a pair of underwear out of his drawer. When he shook them out, prior to putting them on, a little dust cloud appeared.

He called his wife into the bathroom and said, "Why did you put talcum powder in my underwear?" His wife replied, "It's not talcum powder, its Miracle Grow."

Most men are mortified of a colonoscopy exam but humor sometimes enable them to get through it. Overheard in the doctor's office.....

Any signs of the trapped miners yet, Chief? Have you found Amelia Earhart's wreckage? You know in Arkansas, we're now legally married. Hey Doc, let me know when you find my dignity. Can you hear me now? I now know how a muppet must feel ! Could you write a note to my wife saying that my head is not up there?

Finally, from my pal Linda in Washinton a graphic that somewhat reminds me of some of my nightly ventures around 3:00 in the morning........

                        

That's it for today my little raindrops. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Nicole had a wonderful time last night! So glad you are getting out and about on nights other than the usual wed/fri combo... Hello to the paperboy!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

jim how do i get there from here ?

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...I've never heard of this Lemon Festival before.  What a lot of work.  But, oh I bet they smell nasty when they start going bad.  Ick!   Will you have a good evening...and catch ya later.  Linda in rainy Washington

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I haven't seen that graphic on the "mail has been sent" message. I'll have to watch for it.

Yeah, I hope "The Andromeda Strain" remake is decent--don't disappoint me, A&E!

Beth

Anonymous said...

woo hoo you looked hot my friend great pictures , loved the last one it was me on a margarita week lol
have a good day
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Nicole is gorgeous! You aren't so bad yourself!!   Anne

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture of you and Nicole!  Sounds like a good time was had by all!
xoxo ~Myra