Thursday, October 18, 2007

There's Got To Be A Morning After !

Yes, my little rugrats, there does have to be a morning after and as the saying goes, if you want to dance, you have to pay the band. Well, I didn't actually dance, but I still had to pay the band this morning. After roll call, I determined that all of the AREA 51 denizens are alive and well this a.m., albeit a little tired.

It started out innocently enough and my pals Hector and Lourdes wanted to show me their newly remodeled home, which is about 95% finished. We agreed that we'd leave Lakes Cafe, go see the progress and then return. We then began jockeying for positions when one of us (I really don't know who started it) said, " I'm not finished with my drink, yet". Then, the rest of us ordered another drink to accompany the lone drinker (you know where this is going). As the role of the lone drinker (not to be confused with The Lone Ranger) constantly changed, time was passing...

The next thing I knew, Dr. Marc (who has been under the weather lately), came in with Rosie. After exchanging hellos and pleasantries, we talked for a while (the viewing of the remodeled home temporarily on the back shelf). After a bit, Dr. Marc and Rosie prepared to leave and I told Hector and Lourdes that I would see the house tonight !

So, from there we went to the house. It was exquisite. As you may remember, they have been living with Hector's parents for months and they're both climbing the walls (especially Lourdes). They gutted, gutted, the entire house and rebuilt or replaced everything. It's beautiful.

There is no moral to the story other than the fact that a group that drinks together and finshes their drinks at the same time, usually feel better the morning after. As an afterthought and to better describe the evening, alternate possible moral number two would be, "Never leave a tern unstoned".

Actor and Comedian Joey Bishop passed away today at the age of 89. He was the last living member of the infamous "rat pack", consisting of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., and Peter Lawford. Actress Deborah Kerr also died today the age of 86. The well know artist was famous for her love scenes and the famous beach scene with Burt Lancaster in "From Here To Eternity".

The Pictures: A montage of some of my favorite pictures, featuring a twelve hour old baby moose born in the backyard home in a small community. My thanks to Anne for the charming pic's.

I want to tell you something about viewing the pictures larger, which you may or may not know. When you click on the pictures to view them larger, you are taken to AOL Pictures and are able to see the pictures on a larger scale. A few days ago, while viewing Nancy's pictures that I featured yesterday, I accidentally clicked "slide show". The difference is amazing. The backdrop is black and the pictures are exceptionally large and clear (depending on the quality if each picture). Try it, you'll like it !

This Date In History: 1767; The Mason-Dixon line is established. 1867; The U.S. officially takes ownership of the territory of Alaska. 1873; Representatives from Columbia, Princeton, Rutgers, and Yale Universities formulate rules for the game of football. 1898; American troops raise the U.S. flag over Puerto Rico.

Birthdays: Pierre Trudeau, 15th prime minister of Canada (1919), Chuck Berry, rock and roll legend (1926), Mike Ditka, professional football player and coach (1939), Wynton Marsalis, trumpet player and musician, Grammy winner and 1997 Pulitzer Prize winner for music (1961).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: Thanks to my pal, Carrie!

A psychiatrist was conducting a group therapy with four young mothers and their small children. "You all have obsessions", he observed.

To Mary, the first mother he said, "You are obsessed with eating. You even named your daughter, Candy."

He turned to the second mother, Jeanne, and stated, "You are obsessed with money. That's why you named your daughter, Penny."

He spoke to the third mother, Penelope, and said, "You are obsessed with alcohol and it is the reason you named your daughter, Brandy."

At this point, Kathy, the fourth mother, got up, took her little boy by the hand and whispered, "Come on, Dick, we're leaving."

                       

That's it for today my little ducklings. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SIGH.............you included GEORGE in your pictures.  I think he has a new movie that I want to see.  I'm going on a little adventure out of town.  I'm on the Yellow Brick road as I type.    Anne

Anonymous said...

So did your friends let you take an ugly man home??  You a little hungover today?  Ugh...I hate that feeling especially when you have to work.  At least its Friday tomorrow...and time to do it all again!
xoxo ~myra

Anonymous said...

 I always look at the pictures that way, much better.  Hope you feel better after your night.

        Julie

Anonymous said...

Deborah Kerr is one of (oopps, was), of my favorite actresses!! 'The King and I' is one of my favorites. I love the dance scene (you will remember it if you have EVER seen it, I'm sure!!!)

Ugly men? What ARE those?? <grin>
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I think you will find that we had already formulated the rules to a game called football.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard