Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday's Here And Not A Moment Too Soon !

This is definitely a T.G.I.F. day ! I've been frustrated all week and I really need to sit down with my pals, Johnny Walker and Dr. DeWars and have a conference. I'm still having problems with AOL 9.0 VR and at this point in time, I'm leaning towards system restore, which may take place as soon as I finish this entry. Combine this with the normal first of the month bills and trying to quit smoking and you have dynamite keg with a very short fuse (it's ok, he was born that way. Shut up!).

I have decided, based upon your comments, that I will run The Pictures in the old format. The original drawback to the old format, for me, was that some pictures may or may not have been seen because of their size (i.e., they didn't show well in the small form, but once enhanced, were very interesting). I may run pictures in the other formats from time to time, but for now, I'm staying with the old format.

I've been in such a foul mood this week that I did not go to Lakes Cafe on Wednesday. I do miss AREA 51 and its' inhabitants and I'm weighing going there tonight, foul mood and all. I'm sure I'll cheer up if I go there. We'll see...!

The Pictures: (Please refer to the department of redundancy department. Shut up!!) A shitload, that's the only way to accurately describe the amount of pictures I entered today. The good thing about the old format is that the amount of photographs entered doesn't  really affect the timer.

This Date In History: 1793; The revolutionary government in France abolishes Christianity 1796; Spain declares war on Britain 1921; The WJZ radio station in Newark, New Jersey, broadcasts the first play by play coverage of the World Series, between the New York Giants and the New York Yankees 1947; Harry S. Truman makes the first televised presidential address.

Birthdays: It's premature, since tomorrow's her birthday, but in case I don't make an entry tomorrow, Happy Birthday to my pal, Nancy ~ (19XX), Chester Alan Arthur, 21st president of the United States (1829), Robert Goddard, American rocket engineer (1882), Bob Geldof, Irish Rock Singer (1954).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: (Thanks to my pal, Lourdes !)

A hunter kills a deer and takes it home to cook for dinner. Both he and his wife agree that they won't tell the kids what kind of meat it is, but will give them a clue and let them guess.

The kids were eager to know what kind of meat was on their plates and they begged their father for the clue. Their father said, "It's what your mother calls me sometimes." The little girl screamed, "Don't eat it ! It's a f--king asshole !"

That's it for today, my little fur balls. More Monday.

Stay Tuned !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your mood.  If it weren't for My mood swings, I'd get no exercise at all.   Say Hi to Johnny and Dr. DeWars for me.  My cosmo calls.    Anne

Anonymous said...

Hope your evening is good... the weekend better and next week, I'll be on fall break.. ain't life great??  I so need this!! So do you! Want to take off and go with me?
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Oh Jimmy...you are NOT allowed to be in a foul mood on my friggin bday!  So I hope that by today, you're "all better".  Got it?

(Oh, and thanks)   ; )


Feel better, k?
Nance

Anonymous said...

Hard to shake off a foul mood ... no matter how hard one tries.  Sometimes I just want to hide lest otheres be subjected to my funk!  It eventually passes and I'm back to being me, which can be good or bad anyway!  I've changed something though, and it seems to be helping.  Each morning as soon as I wake up, I say, outloud, "I choose to have a good day".  When something annoys me, the thought of my mantra brings me down.  Its all about attitude, my friend.  You can choose to have a good day or choose to have a shitty day...your choice.
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

I've been in a foul mood this week too! Maybe we should go out together and visit Johnny Walker, huh?
Glad you are going back to the old format. I do not like the other format and I didn't even really look at the pics.  Now I will enjoy them again. Thanks!
Hope you ....or rather I hope WE cheer up soon! LOL!
Pam