Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hump Day ! Next Week will Be Hump Halloween Day ?

It took its sweet time but Hump Day's here ! I realized today that Halloween will fall on the next Hump Day. This oddity leaves me in a quandry, in that I am unable to spell quandary. Do we celebrate Halloween and Hump Day as a duo next week? Do the words hump and Halloween belong in the same sentence? These questions and others, though quite unsimilar, will be discussed in today's entry.

I wish that the first word that I ever uttered as a child was "quote", so when I die I can say "unquote". If a married couple from Louisiana moves to California and get divorced, are they still legally cousins? It's a good thing that a lot of people speak in foreign languages so they can have someone to speak to. Wind chimes are for stupid people so that they will know when there is a breeze.

I'm going to Lakes Cafe tonight to discuss these questions and others of the same ilk, assuming the residents aliens of AREA51 are up to the task. Assuming the winds blow in the proper direction and there's not a long restroom line, I'm sure they'll be prepared.

                     

Nevertheless, one of my friends went inside a convenience store on his way to happy hour and took a bottle of beer to the counter. When he got to the cashier, he said, "Good afternoon". The cashier said, "Will that be all?" He said, "No, I want to buy this bottle of beer, too."

I called the airlines today to book a trip to Las Vegas. The representative asked, "How many people will be going". I said, "How the hell should I know, it's your plane."

The Pictures: Every time I select pictures for my entries, I remember my vacations with no particular destinations. In my younger years, I would get in the car and just start driving. I always had a geographic area in mind, but no time tables. If I saw something that interested me, I would just pull over and look at it. I always had my fishing rod and a camera. Some of today's pictures, especially the first one and the 14th one, are the types of places I would always stop and explore.

This Date In History: 1861; Western Union completes the first transcontinental telegraph line. 1901; Anna Edson Taylor goes over Niagra Falls in a barrel, initiating a stunt tradition. 1934; Mohandas Ghandi resigns as leader of the Indian Nationalist Congress Party, disillusioned by its use of civil disobedience as a political expedient rather than a fundamental principle. 1945; The United Nations formally comes into existence, the useful reality of which is equivalent to teats on a bull.

Birthdays: Rafael Trujillo Molinas, dictator of the Dominican Republic (1891), Moss Hart, playwright (1904), Y.A. (Yalberton Abraham) Tittle, professional football player (1926), Billy Wyman, member of the Rolling Stones (1941).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: Thanks to my perfect martini !

On their way to get married, a young Catholic couple are involved in a fatal car accident. They find themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them.

While they were waiting, they wondered if they could get married in Heaven. When St. Peter arrived and they posed the question. St. Peter told the he wasn't sure and he would return with the answer.

After St. Peter left, the subject of "married forever" came up and they began to have some doubts. After two month's of waiting, St. Peter returned and told them that marriage in Heaven was allowed.

The man then asked St. Peter, " What if the mariage doesn't work out? Can you get a divorce in Heaven?" A redfaced St. Peter slams his clipboard to the ground and yells, "It took me two months to find a priest up here! Do you have any idea how long it will take to find an attorney?"

                     

That's it for today, my little teeny boppers.

See you tonight at Lakes Cafe and more tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had questioned how to address Hump Day and Halloween since they will occur during the same 24 hour period. I decided that Happy Humping Halloween will work!  Or, H to the 3rd power! <grin>

Have fun tonight!!
Toodles!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you meant the 14th pic?  That's you and your friend.  Anyway, I do love those pics!  (espec. "love is bling" and the wistful photos)

Nancy