Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Strange Case Of The Missing Journal Entry !

I have periods where strange things happen that I don't quite understand. In my younger days, the root cause was usually wine, women and song. It is still the main cause of my weird black periods today, but lately, there's other forces of nature that I don't quite have a grasp on. Discounting the fact that I have old-timers disease, which sometimes causes me to wind up in the kitchen with no idea of why I'm there, I have eerie things happen to me every once in a while.

Such is the case of my journal entry of last evening. The first and most grandiose error (see yesterday's entry) was of my own doing, as I sometimes press a key on the computer for no apparent reason causing havoc and turmoil. This I can understand and although it makes me angry, I can live with it.

Yesterday, however, after finishing my second attempt at an entry, I went to another site to do some research and suddenly remembered something I had forgotten to add to my entry. I returned to my journal site and Voila !...there was Friday's entry, but no Monday entry. After my initial anger, I decided it was too late and would take too much time to make the entry again. So, I left it and decided I'd just start again today and not let it bother me.

When I went to my journal site today, there was my Monday entry. I noticed also that quite a few of my readers had indeed updated their AIM pages ( a subject I wrote about yesterday) and added their pictures. This tells me that evidently the entry was indeed made, so that eliminated the thought that I was surely not going to be sent to the home (Shirley ? Shut up and don't call me Shirley !). Where did the entry go from the time I entered it until this afternoon? Perhaps Rod Serling knows, but I shirley (?) don't. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but just in case, maybe this graphic can describe how I feel just a little better.

                       Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Speaking of monkeys, O.J. Simpson's second co-defendant has also turned state's evidence and will enter a guilty plea for a reduced sentence. I can't wait until the trial and this time it won't be in Los Angeles County !

The Pictures: A rare pink albino bottle-nosed dolphin is among today's pictures, along with some more of Mr. Crayola, Don Marco's pictures of American indians. There's a very unique outdoor public restroom which comes with a very unique indoor question along with "the usual suspects." I plan to show my friend, Nancy's birthday vacation pictures tomorrow and here's a sneak peak from tomorrow's collection.

                    

This Date In History: 1701; The Collegiate School of America, later known as Yale University, is founded by Congregationalists who are unhappy with the more liberal Harvard. 1793; Marie Antoinette, queen consort of Louis XVI, is guillotined in Paris for treason. 1946; In Nurnberg, Germany, ten high ranking Nazi officials are executed by hanging for their war crimes during World War II.

Birthdays: Noah Webster, American lexicographer and author of "An American Dictionary of the English Language" (1789), Oscar Wilde, Irish born novelist, playwright, poet and critic (1854), David Ben-Gurion, the first prime minister of Israel (1888), William O. Douglas, associate justice of the Supreme Court (1898).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:

                              

That's it for today, my little chicken pluckers. Let's see if this entry sticks ! More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have you put into a home, but then I'd have no place to live

Anonymous said...

I don't know what is funnier.....the pumpkin picture, the cartoon or the fact that your cat leaves comments.   You "ain't right" as we say in the south!   Anne

Anonymous said...

Thanks Doll!! You're way to good to me!!
Toodles!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Love the entry!  Interestingly, that one sneak peek you showed is my fave out of the bunch.   Good pic!
And thanks for the monkeys again.

(Love the OJ comment too...)

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Well, its here, and I'm reading it (I think) so it stuck!  Hey, I even see Monday's entry!!  Something happened on Monday, and everyone had problems with their entries, comments, etc.  Maybe it was laying off 20% of whatever AOL has left of their workforce!  There was no one home to "do the job"...and India is on a different time zone!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Where DO you find your cartoons!???  These are so funny!!!!
Marie