Friday, October 12, 2007

Do A Little Dance....., (Damn, What Was That Next Part?)

My favorite day has always been Friday. It just always seemed to bring good things, starting early in my life with school's out. I started out as a child and the first recollection of the Friday equals happy concept was in first grade. As time progressed, in junior high, Friday's was either a school dance or a party at someone's house.

In high school, I started a band and we would play Fridays and Saturdays at different venues in our area. When I started working (before becoming self-employed), Fridays was payday ! It became a very important concept in the scheme of things. Of course, after getting married the first time, Friday meant going to the grocery store.

One of the things the United States Army did for me was to help me to understand that I needed to work for myself because taking orders is something I am not prone to do. After becoming self employed, I quickly removed grocery shopping from the Friday schedule because it didn't seem to fit in with the Fridays are neat and fun concept. At this point in my life, Friday still brings that little inner glow, which is sometimes strengthened with a Dewars on the rocks. Life is good !

That in mind, I'll be at Lakes Cafe tonight, sharing the evening with my pals in AREA 51. Tonight's Karoake night and I'm in the mood. I just have to keep my timing down as I dodge the projectiles. I'm getting better at it though, they only hit me twice last week.

The Pictures: I found a lot of new pictures today and the first one is one of those. I have a lot more but I was unable to finish editing them and I'll show them to you in the coming days. The quality of these pictures is excellent and I hope that it shows through on your screen. There's some blatant and cryptic messages and hellos in today's pictures. You'll know when you see them.

This Date In History: 1492; The expedition led by the explorer, Christopher Columbus, lands on Guanahani, an island in the Bahamas. Columbus claims the island for Spain and renames it El Salvador. 1933; The Department of Justice acquires Alcatraz from the United States Army. 1969; The Soviet Union launches Voskhod 1, the first spacecraft to carry a multi-person crew.

Birthdays: Joe Cronin, American baseball player and executive (1906), Luciano Pavarotti, Italian tenor (1935), Ronald McNair, astronaut (1950).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:

A Somalian man arrives in Minneanapolis as a new immigrant. He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, You Americans have a wonderful country." The passerby says, " You are mistaken, I am an Arab from the Middle East."

He stops the next person he sees and says, "I want to thank you Americans for allowing me to come to your country."  The man replies, "I am not American, I am from Africa."

He sees a man approaching and he greets him with, "I want to thank you Americans for housing, food stamps, free education and welfare to help me." The man says, " I am not American, I am Mexican." He asks the man, "Where are all the Americans?" The Mexican looks at his watch and says, "Probably at work."

Ethel was a bit of a demon in her wheelchair, racing rapidly around the nursing home. The poor woman was one sandwhich short of a picnic, so the other residents tolerated her antics andsome of them actually joined in.

One day, Ethel was speeding down the corridor when a door opened and out stepped Kooky Clarence. He raised his hand and said, "Halt ! Do you have license to drive that thing?" Ethel reached into her pocket, pulled out the daily menu and handed it to Clarence. He said, "Very well, ma'am, you can go."

When she sped around the corner near the telvision lounge, out jumped weird Harold and said, "Stop ! Do you have proof of insurance?" Ethel reached into her pocket and handed the menu to Harold. He said, "OK, you may proceed."

As she raced toward her room, Horny Howard stepped in front of her, butt naked, with what was left of his manhood in his hand.  Ethel yelled, "Not that damned breathalizer test again!"

I found the answer for legends in their own mind, "Podium Al" Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

                            

That's it for today my little ninja turtles. I'll see you tonight at Lakes Cafe. Have a great weekend and I'll have more on Monday.

Stay Tuned !

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

... Make a little love... get down tonight....

Enjoy tonight!!!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

:D

Nance

Anonymous said...

I will NEVER think of the breathalizer test in the same way again.    Anne