Thursday, January 3, 2008

Let The Political Games Begin !

Today is the Iowa caucus. What a burden on the voters in Iowa to have to choose between a plethora of completely incapable, inept ass-kissers, none of whom will take a stand on anything of merit. Fear of not being "politically correct" (two words which suggest lack of backbone) they skirt the main issues, including securing our borders and deporting illegal aliens. In lieu of taking a stand on American jobs being outsourced, oil and gasoline prices going through the roof and rampant crime by street monkeys, they rely on mud slinging and insulting their opponents to bring their images to the forefront.

In a time where a three party system would end gridlock, they are part of a two party system that is and has been gridlocked for years and once elected, will face the same do-nothing Congress. And who proposes to lead us? Three of the candidates are morbidly scary !

First and foremost, Barack Obama, a neophyte, wet behind the ears, first term senator with virtually no experience. Obama was elected to the Senate in 2004 after his opponents in both the primary race and the state race withdrew for alleged controversies and the state of Illinois was so fed up with scandal that they would have elected  Sammy Davis Jr, had he been alive and a candidate.

Then we have Rudy Giuliani, a candidate with baggage, who has flip-flopped so many times, on so many subjects, that he needs a spotter in case he misses his landing. Rudy's abilities and speeches consist entirely of a noun, a verb, and 9-11. Watching his physical character when he speaks, he definitely has some form of inferiority complex.

Mitt Romney ? An aged, "Just for Men",  Ken doll at best, who plays to the camera like a gnat to sweat. He said he wanted to explain his religion, made a speech and explained nothing. He did, however, manage to mudsling and take potshots at all of his opponents. Personally, I think he is a vain man who's looking for glory and has skeletons in his closet.

I could go on and take a few more shots at the rest of them, but you get the gist. Of the candidates I've seen so far, in no particular order, Hillary Clinton, John McCain and John Edwards are probably the most qualified in my opinion. You'll notice that I've included both parties in my opinion. That's simply because I analyze the best candidates along lines of intelligence and abilty, not party.

The Pictures: There's a little bit of this, a little bit of that.... which sums up what tugged at my sleeve as I perused my more than 2,000 picture porfolio.

This Date In History: 1921; The U.S. Supreme Court upholds the prosecution of labor unions under the provisions of the Sherman Antitrust Act. 1938; The March of Dimes is founded by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. 1946; William Joyce, broadcaster of Nazi propaganda to Great Britain during World War II, is hanged for treason in London, England. 1959; Alaska is admitted to the Union as the 49th state. 1961; President Dwight D. Eisenhower ends U.S. diplomatic relations with Cuba.

Birthdays: Cicero, Roman writer, statesman and orator (106 BC), J.R.R. Tolkien, South African-born British writer and medieval scholar, best known for his fantasy novels "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings" (1892), Bobby Hull, Canadian Hockey player (1936).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: Hunting with your Wife

While a Texan was busily preparing for the first day of deer hunting season, his wife started nagging that he never asked her to go along. After several hours of argument, the wife won.

That next morning they drove out to the country, and the wife climbed up in a tree for a better hidden view, about 100 yards from his blind.

Just as the hunter reached the blind, he heard a loud bang coming from the wife's position.

As the Texan ran up to her, he saw that she was holding her gun on a man nearby and shouting, "It's my deer! Get away from It!!

The sheepish-looking stranger just nodded slowly and said, "OK, lady..... It's your deer.... Just let me get my saddle off of it!"

That's it for today my little whipper snappers. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My TV busted ....so I'm glad I've missed all of the action on TV. LOL! Hope you have a good evening.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Today is the first offical step toward the end of the election in November... Thank goodness!! I'm already tired of the mud-slinging and empty promises.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I'm already so fed up with all the pre-election "crap" I'm ready to not vote for anyone !  However, if Daffy Duck were to run...I might re-consider.  I'm anxious to see your list of "This Date In History" & "Birthdays" for January 4th (my 66th birthday), to see what happened besides my birth on that day. I know actress Dyan Cannon was also born on Jan 4th~what ever happened to her anyway?  Linda in cold, dreary Washington state

Anonymous said...

as it gets closer to the end the shit slinging is getting deep!

Anonymous said...

With that being said...if the election were held tomorrow, I have no idea who I would vote for.  I find NONE of the candidates says anything...oh, they talk alot, but they don't SAY anything!  Politics is so frustrating!
xoxo ~myra

Anonymous said...

    I agree with most of what you said about the candidates. Truthfully, I'm not very confortable with any of them. Loved your joke.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/Jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

 We are happy it is over in Iowa here for awhile.  I was surprised with the way the vote went.  Happy in one way, no Hillary but surprised at one who didn't get more votes.  Anyway, they are all just politicians to me so not to be trusted.


                   Julie