Thursday, December 6, 2007

Today Begins Year Two !

This is first day of the second year of Jimmy's Journal. I started this journal on a lark, December 5, 2006, basically because of the urge to write things down as they pass through the mirrors of my mind. I'm very happy that I did, if only to get to know some of the fine people that pass by to see me. So, off we go into year two of Jimmy's Journal. Tighten your seat belts and I hope you enjoy the ride. Please remember the heighth requirements.

               

The Pictures: Some odd ones today (Really, that's novel). It was one of those days of surfing the net and one by one they beckoned, "pick me, pick me!" Ok, they didn't actually speak, I just added that part in. I added some oldie-goldies I like also. Have fun !

This Date In History: 1907; In West Virginia, an explosion kills 361 coal miners. 1917; A French munitions ship explodes after colliding with another vessel in the harbor of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Over a thousand are killed. 1921The Irish Free State, composing four-firths of Ireland, is declared as a part of a peace agreement with Great Britain. 1922; General Electric's Utica Gas and Electric plant becomes the first commercial carrier of electricity. 1941The Manhattan Project is formed in Chicago, Illinois and Los Angeles, California. It's aim is to develop an atomic bomb. 1973Gerald R. Ford is sworn in as vice president.

Birthdays: Joyce Kilmer, American poet (1886), Eleanor Holm, American swimmer (1913), Dave Brubeck, composer and pianist (1920).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: The

A son asks his father, "Dad, how many kinds of boobies are there?" The father answers, "Well, there are three kinds of breasts. In her twenties, a woman's breasts are like melons, round and firm. In her thirties to forties, they are like pears, still nice but hanging a bit. After fifty, they are like onions." "Onions?" "Yes, you see them and they make you cry." His infuriated wife said, "And how many kinds of 'willies' are there? A man goes through three phases. In his twenties, his willy is like an oak tree, mighty and hard. In his thirties and forties, it is a birch, flexible but reliable. After his fifties, it is like a Christmas tree." "A Christmas tree?" asked the boy. "Yes," said the mother, "Dead from the root up and the balls are for decoration only."
 
Three female cats were bragging about their kittens. The first cat said, "My kittens are part Persian. Their father was a pure Persian cat." The third cat said nothing. The second cat said, "Well, that is nothing. My kittens are part Siamese. Their father was a pure bread Siamese." The third cat still said nothing. Then the first two cats asked her, "What are your kittens?" She replied, "Oh, I don't know. I had my head stuck in the tuna can at the time."
 
Q: What do you throw to a drowning lawyer?
A: His partners.
 
That's it for today my little pine cones. More Tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jimmy's Journal!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Happy b_day to your journal!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the drink, Jimmy!! And HB to you, my dear friend!!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I used the same Hitler picture with one of my entries.