Friday, December 14, 2007

Family's Here So A Partying We Will Go !

It's Friday and that means party time. We haven't been to AREA 51 at Lakes Cafe and Pub lately, but AREA 51 is not so much a location, but a state of mind. This time of year, it's a madhouse at the malls, especially dodging bullets and thieves. That, combined with office and house parties, leaves one a little worn.

My brother, Kirt came down from the Orlando area to visit and he came over last evening with sister, Jeanne. Being a disfunctional family, we had to get a little bickering out of the way, but after our friend Johnny Walker took control, we settled down to an evening of guitars and keyboards and a little family harmony. My pal, Emilio stopped by and even my friend Rosie and her son, Danny stopped for a few minutes.

We ordered some pizza and garlic rolls and had a pretty good time. They're coming by again today and if things go well, my nieces Ashley and Sommer will come down from the Florida west coast and we'll probably bar-b-cue at sister Jeanne's house. Although I'm a pretty good cook, brother Kirt is the bar-b-cue man and he takes no prisoners. I hope he does chicken, but it's his call. We're both pretty fussy about being told what, how or when to cook. Go figure !

If my old-timers malady allows me, I'll try and get some pictures. But since you know me, we never know for sure until the next day. I just hope that someone pins a note on my shirt with my name and address on it so if I wander off, they'll know where to take me. It's been a few years, but the last time I wandered off, I wound up in a penthouse suite at Caesars Palace in Lake Tahoe.

The Pictures: As Tony Bennett will attest, "I left my heart in San Francisco". Yes, my little cable cars, today's pictures are nostalgic for those who've been there and should be alluring for those who haven't. Redundantly, there's always the "usual suspects" and take heed, there will be a test on Monday!

This Date In History: 1819; Alabama is the 22nd state to join the Union. 1902; The cableship Silverton begins laying the first transpacific telegraph cable, which reaches from San Francisco to Honolulu. 1911; Norwegian explorer Roald Amundsen becomes thefirst person to reach the South Pole. 1946; The United Nations General Assembly establishes permanent U.N. headquarters in New York City.

                                  

Birthdays: Nostradamus, French physican and astronomer (1503), James Doolittle, American Aviator and army officer (1896), Margaret Chase Smith, the first woman to be elected to both houses of Congress (1897), Lee Remick, actor (1935). 

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:

CHRISTMAS CAROLS FOR THE DISTURBED

* 1. Schizophrenia --- Do You Hear What I Hear?

* 2. Multiple Personality Disorder --- We Three Kings Disoriented Are

* 3. Dementia --- I Think I'll be Home for Christmas

* 4. Narcissistic --- Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

* 5. Manic --- Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and.....

* 6. Paranoid --- Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me

* 7. Borderline Personality Disorder --- Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire

* 8. Personality Disorder --- You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why

* 9. Attention Deficit Disorder --- Silent night, Holy... oooh look at the Froggy - can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

* 10. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder --- Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle,Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells........

That's it for today my little stocking stuffers. Have a great and safe weekend and more on Monday.

Stay Tuned !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy you family and your weekend!

Anonymous said...

OMG..............I did a spit take at the Christma Carols for the disturbed.  That is hysterica.   It could be a hit at the family Christmas...........on second thought, I'd be the only one who thought so, but thanks for the much needed laugh!  Have a great time and don't piss on anybody's cherrio's at any family reunion!  Anne

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun with your family...depite the bit of bickering. I swear, you could be in my family! LOL!
Loved the Xmas carols for the mentally ill. Too funny! Hope you have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Sorry so late commenting on your Friday entry, but I was out celebrating Alabama's anniversary of statehood.

Have a fun family thingy.... mine is next weekend...

Luv ya!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff!

Beth