Friday, November 2, 2007

Just The Fact's Ma'am, Just The Facts !

Friday, my favorite day of the week and that's a fact, Jack.  Sgt. Joe Friday, on the other hand, wanted "Just the facts, ma'am". Jack Webb starred in this intriguing role in a series called "Dragnet", a police drama televsion show set in Los Angeles County, California. Harry Morgan (Colonel Henry Potter, on the MASH TV series), was his partner. I can't tell you the countless hours that I watched that TV show.

Tonight, however, I'm off to AREA 51 at Lakes Cafe and Pub, and I can't promise that I'll use that line. If they ladies want to go off on a tangent, I will simply go with them. I'll leave the fact finding to Sgt. Joe Friday. It's been such a dreary week that I'm quite happy that the sun is shinning, I'll see my friends tonight, and my sweet Nicole will be joining me for drinks. It's Karaoke night and maybe be we'll sing a duet. Join me tonight (at least in spirit) and we'll have a few. If I ever hit the lottery (three numbers not included), I'll fly you all into Miami Lakes and we'll party !

                                             

The Pictures: Searching the Web today I found a plethora of stunning pictures and I sprinkled some of them into the mix today. I've been accused of showing an "eclectic" array of photos, but I like my pictures like I like the ladies, many and all kinds. They're all beautiful in their own inimitable way (Way to kiss-up, Jimmy. Shut-up !).

This Date In History: 1884; North Dakota and South Dakota are admitted into the Union. 1920; Warren G. Harding is elected as the 29th President of the United States. 1947; Howard Hughes test-flies the "Sprucegoose", a 200 ton plywood airplane with a wingspan the length of a football field. 1948; Democratic incumbent Harry S. Truman defeats New York Governor Thomas E. Dewey in the U.S. Presidential elections. 1848; Margaret Chase Smith is elected to the U.S. Senate.

The baseball that Barry Bonds hit for home run 756 will be branded with an asterisk by it's current owner, fashion designer, Marc Ecko, who bought the ball in an online auction. He set up a Web site for fans to vote on its fate. In late September, he announced that fans voted to send the ball to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York, with an asterisk.

In an interview with MSNBC aired last night, Bonds said he would boycott the Hall of Fame if they display the baseball with an asterisk. Of course, an asterisk suggests that Bonds' record is tainted by alleged steroid use. Bonds is currently under investigation in the BALCO case. A grand jury has been investigating whether Bonds committed perjury when he testified he never knowingly took performance enhancing drugs. Right!

Speaking of boycotts, today, in case you didn't know, is National Blackout Day, a day designated for black consummers to boycott all businesses to protest racism in America. I will do my part this evening at Lakes Cafe in the hopes that none my friends blackout during the evening festivities. I da man !

Birthdays: Marie Antoinette, Queen-consort of King Louis the XVI of France (1755), Daniel Boone, American pioneer (1734), James Polk, 11th President of the U.S. (1795), Warren G. Harding, 29th President of the U.S. (1865), Burt Lancaster, actor (1913).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: Thanks to my pal, Victor !

Doctor Dave had slept with one of his patients and he felt very guilty about it. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get it out of his mind.

Every once in a while, he would hear a reassuring voice in his head saying, "Dave, Don't worry about it. Your not the first doctor to ever sleep with a patient and you won't be the last. Besides, you're a single man."

Invariably, he would hear another voice in his head saying, "Dave... Dave... Dave... You're a veterinarian."

How did the big stock market drop yesterday affect your finances?

                                     

That's it for today, my little lemon drops. I'll see you tonight at Lakes Cafe and more on Monday.

Stay Tuned !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your blog.

Anonymous said...

Some wild pics today!   Have a fun night...
Oh, and I sure hope you win the lottery some day!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I used to love that show Dragnet! Wow that brought back some memories.
Enjoyed your photos. Especially got a kick out of the motorhome equipped with a car. Very cool!
Have a good night and be careful!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Great pics today...well, yesterday....

Hope this morning finds you bright and perky, not hungover and moaning <grin>

Have a good Saturday!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

An sportsman/woman found guilty of taking any performance enhancing drugs should be struck from the record books altogether. They should be deemed never to have competed.

Anonymous said...

I loved Dragnet!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

How cheap can I get a place on a beach in Florida these days?