Monday, August 27, 2007

Mundane Monday !

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go ! Ok, it's a bit trite, but I'm running out of expletives to describe Monday's loathed return to the workplace. It's funny, in a way, that everyone's really not happy to return to work on Mondays, yet in the case of a three day weekend, everyone's usually more that ready to hit the streets again. Go figure !

Let's start out today with congratulations to the Warner Robbins, Georgia, team that won the Little League World Series championship yesterday 3-2, with a game winning home run in extra innings, defeating a strong Japanese team. Twelve year old Dalton Karriker hit the game winner in the bottom of the eight inning. I didn't think they would win, but they persevered, overcoming mistakes and finally winning the game. Way to go, kids !

Alberto Gonzalez, the inept Attorney General, finally resigned today. Gonzalez, who let politics and George Bush's left cerebral lobe, Karl Rove, run his office, submitted his resignation today and Bush accepted it. Perhaps now, with Gonzalez gone, the government can take another look at the two Border Patrol agents, currently in prison for shooting a Mexican drug smuggler in the ass, and correct the situation.

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick officially entered his guilty plea in court today. Vick later gave a short and succinct statement to the media, admitting to and apologizing for his actions and "axed" for forgiveness. Like all criminals, Vick stated that he has found Jesus.

I, personally, believe that everyone makes mistakes and everyone should receive a second chance. I do not, however, forgive killing animals nor cruelty to animals. Michael Vick made a serious mistake and should be given a second chance, as soon as he gets out of prison. In God we trust ! All others pay cash !

Here's a photograph of observers atop Montmorency Falls, Quebec, Canada.

                      

The Pictures: A plethora of odds and ends that struck my fancy, our former Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, Michael Vick, and a few you just might enjoy, namely the "usual suspects".

This Date In History: 1859; In Titusville, Pennsylvania, Edwin Drake drills the first successful oil well in the United States. I normally abbreviate United States to U.S., but due to a lack of anthing even remotely interesting in this date in history, I thought I'd ad-lib a little to see if you're paying attention. 1982; Oakland A's outfielder, Ricky Henderson, steals his 119th base, breaking Lou Brocks single season record for major league baseball. In a related incident, Willie Jamal Johnson steals three six packs of malt liquor from a nearby Oakland liquor store breaking Shalika William's minority league record.

F.Y.I.: They now have a butt cam for women (and I assume men too) so that you can see how your trailer looks in tight jeans. I'm very pleased with this idea in that it allows me to avoid painfull questions occasionally posed to me by wearers of said jeans. 

Birthdays: Lyndon B. Johnson (no relation to Willie Jamal Johnson, above), president of the United States (1909), Mother Teresa, Catholic missionary (1910).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: Observations (Thanks to My Perfect Martini).

When I die, I want to die just like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep...., not like the other screaming passengers who were in the car with him ! When you have a headache, do what it says on the bottle. Take two and keep away from children. Do you hate working? There's a name and support group for that. It's AREA 51 and we meet Wednesdays and Fridays at Lakes Cafe and Pub. If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive and all the impersonators would be dead. Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you are in congress. Alas, I repeat myself. Why is it called PMS? Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken. Author: unknown, presumably deceased. Everyone has to believe in something. I believe I'm going to have another beer !

That's it for today, my little butterflies. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAWN...........don't you know I am out of estrogen and I have a gun?   P.M.S= putting up with Mens SH*T.    Did I remember you posting your own birthday the other day?  (just wonderin')   Anne

Anonymous said...

I hate the 'axed' word....  drives me up the wall... I don't hear it to much in the area I live, but when I go to the 'Big Cities'..... <sigh>

Monday is over... cross it off, on to Terrible Tuesday!! LOL  

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Will fat people now realise quite how big their rear ends are and actually do something about it? Even if it is just a case of attaching a wide load sign!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

I do wonder about Vick's apology.  Of course he is going to apologize now.  He wants to stay out of prison!  I believe in second chances, but I wonder how sincere he is.  I did not know he suddenly found the Lord.  I have the Lord, but I wonder how sincere he is, or if he is making the whole thing up.  Time will tell.
PS.  Michael says hi to your kitty!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Loved the Vick pictures! As for having found Jesus.............Good Grief, I'm probably going to piss off a couple of people with this one. On that statement alone, Christians are probabaly the only ignorant people who might actually buy that bag of bullsh**. Sorry Vick, there is no redemption for killing one of Creators own with cruelty and vindictive ugliness. My wish is that someone yet feeds him to his own dogs. (Hugs) Indigo