Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Can I Call Home Before You Shoot Me?

The scientific world keeps coming up with inventions, some good, some not so good. A video of one of the latest inventions was sent to me by my pal, Gipsy. It is a cell phone gun. Yep... a cell phone gun. In the wrong hands (where things of this type are normally found), this could be a major problem and create chaos, especially in a crowded place or on an airplane.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have this type of device on your person when one of the numerous street monkeys try to rob you, kill you or hijack your car. Take a look and beware, the first shot is a little loud.

The O.J. Simpson trial is its second day and they are in the process of jury selection. The judge has told the prospective jurors that if anyone has the intent to punish Simpson for the murders of his ex-wife, Nicole, and Ron Goldman, that they will not serve as jurors. Too bad that same judge wasn't ruling in the first trial. She could have told the mostly black jury just the opposite. The jury selection is expected to take the rest of this week.

                                                      

The Pictures: The Beatles are today's influence on my pictures. Each pictures represents the title(s) to a Beatle song. can you name them?

This Date In History: 1850; Under the Compromise of 1850, California enters the Union as the 31st state. 1914; The First Battle of the Marne ends, in which German troops in World War I are decisively halted in their drive towards Paris, France. 1968; Amateur Arthur Ashe wins the U.S. Open tennis tournament in the first year it is open to both professional and amateurs.

1971; Inmates at the state prison in Attica, New York, take30 guards hostage in a revolt over prison conditions. Forty-three prisoners and guards will die in the revolt, which is violently suppressed four days later. 1976; Mao Zedong, the leader of the Peoples Republic of China since its founding in 1949, dies of Parkinson's disease at the age of 82.

Birthdays: Cardinal Richilieu, French statesman (1585), Frankie Frisch, baseball player (1898), Otis Redding, singer (1941), Huch Grant, actor (1962).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: The

Two elderly women are sitting at a restaurant, eating breakfast. Mabel turns to Ethel and says, "Do you know you have a suppository in your left ear?"

Ethel reaches into her ear, pulls out the suppository and looks at it. She says, "Mabel, I'm glad you told me. Now I  think I know where to find my hearing aid."

A truck driver was driving down the road when he saw a priest on the side of the road. He stopped to pick up the priest and give him a ride. A little farther down the road, he saw a lawyer on the side of the road. He turned on a direct course with the lawyer. The n he thought, 'Oh no, I have a priest in the truck. I can't run this lawyer down."

At the last second, the truck driver swerved to miss the lawyer, but he heard a thump outside of the truck. He looked in his rear view mirror but he didn't see anything.

He turned to the priest and said, "Sorry, father, I just missed that lawyer on the side of the road. The priest said, "Don't worry son, I got him with my door."

                                  

That's it for today my little pigeon toes. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned ! 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok jim it's all there now, have a great night

Anonymous said...

I'll take two of those "phones!"    Anne

Anonymous said...

A cell phone gun..............Wow...now that is scary especially in the wrong hands and who else woud have them????

Hugs, Rose

Anonymous said...

Woody is present and accounted for. Thanks, Paula

Anonymous said...

I'll probably be kicking myself, right?
1. Penny Lane
2. She's Leaving Home
3. She Loves You
4. Strawberry Fields Forever
5. Day Tripper
6. Do You Want To Know A Secret
7. Good Day Sunshine
8. A Day In The Life
9. Any Time At All

Anonymous said...

Cell phone guns~Scary business !   I didn't do too well on the pictures...only got the first one.   Linda in WA  

Anonymous said...

 I did terrible on the pictures, think I got 1 only.   Scary about the cellphone gun but wouldn't it come in handy at times.   Loved the jokes.


                     Julie

Anonymous said...

yikes!
A cell phi one gun!
noooooooooooooooooooo! Is it on the market?
I love the Beatles! thanks!
nat