Monday, September 17, 2007

O.J. Simpson Arrested For Robbery With A Deadly Weapon !

Some days just begin perfectly and today is one of them ! Our usual mundane Monday is marvelous Monday, as (A) O.J. Simpson is in a Las Vegas jail, without bond, facing felony charges of armed robbery and conspiracy to commit armed robbery with a deadly weapon. The earliest date that he can expect to bond out of court is Wednesday.

                      

The Emmy Awards were held last night in Los Angeles and I really tried to watch the show. After five or ten minutes of the actual show, combined with the previous inane red carpet interviews, I had to check out. Between the really bad production and clothes that made me wonder if taste was no longer an option, I decided I would watch the coverage after the fact on the news. The only good thing that I saw was that the obnoxious, obtuse (A) Joan Rivers and her clone, Melissa, were no longer on the red carpet for TV Guide.

The racial tension going on in Jena, Louisiana, concerning the six black teens who attacked a white teen, should be really blown up when the protest hits the tiny town in the coming days. Expect to see (A) Al Sharpton there with his conspicuous, traveling podium (thus the nickname "Podium Al"). You know Al, where there's smoke, he's immediatley there with gasoline to make it into blazing inferno.

This Date In History: 1630; English Puritans, led by John Winthrop, establish a settlement on the Shawmut Peninsula in the Masssachusetts Bay Colony, later named Boston after the town of Boston in Lincolnshire, England. 1787; At the close of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the delegates sign the new Constitution of the United States. 1796; U.S. president George Washington gives his Farewell Address in which he declines to stand for a third term as president and warns the new nation to avoid entanglements with foreign governments.

Birthdays: Hank Williams, country music singer and songwriter (1923), Maureen Connolly, tennis player (1934), Orlando Cepeda, baseball player (1937).

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:

A man wanted an attack dog to protect his business, so he went to a kennel that specialized in attack dogs. The man said to the kennel owner that he wanted the meanest, most vicious dog in the kennel and the kennel owner took the man on a tour of the premises.

Upon entering the kennel, they came upon a large, snarling dog who attempted to attack them through the fence. The man told the kennel owner, "This is the type of dog I'm looking for." The kennel owner replied, "He's good but I've got a meaner one I want to show you."

They continued to walk through the kennel and soon came upon an even larger dog, who was lying quietly on his side, licking his butt. The kennel owner said, "This is the dog that I have in mind for you." The man exclaimed, "You're joking ! This dog looks tame. He's just lying there licking his ass."

The kennel owner replied, "I know, I know. He just finished eating an attorney and he's trying to get the taste out of his mouth !"

                       

That's it for today, my little hush puppies. More tomorrow.

Stay Tuned !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how to put a smile on my face.  I bought the O.J. (GOLDMAN) book yesterday.  That joke is hysterical as is the pictures below.   Anne

Anonymous said...

Well Jimmy, I think we might have a CAT nomination! Aawwww heck, just put OJ's name in the pot and see what we can add later. At least now, you can poll it.

Happy Birthday, Hank Williams, Sr.! In fact, other day was browsing through the YouTube for his 'I'm so lonesome, I could cry' song. It's one of my favorite songs. I remember it from my parents playing it when I was growing up. If I'm not mistaken, he was orginally from Cullman, AL. That is just 20 miles or so south of me. He is buried in Montgomery.

Toodles for the Monday!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

 I am getting a kick reading all about how they are picking on the poor man by putting his huge body in such a tiny cell.   What about the tiny coffee they put his poor wife in?  Can't feel very sorry for the man at all.  Love the pictures.  Makes me want to get the car and travel.

                   Julie