Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

I haven't made an entry here in a while so I thought I'd post some of the Halloween pictures that are on the internet. I particularly like these because of the darkness of the theme.




A man with a nagging secret couldn't keep it any longer. In the confessional he admitted that for years he had been stealing building supplies from the lumberyard where he worked. The priest asked, "What did you take?" The man answered, "Enough to build my own house and enough for my son's house. And houses for our two daughters and our cottage at the lake.

The priest said, "This is very serious!" I shall have to think of a far-reaching penance. Have you ever done a retreat?" The man replied, "No, Father, I haven't, but if you can get the plans, I can get the lumber."

A young preacher was contacted by the local funeral director to hold a grave-side committal service at a small local cemetery for someone with no family or friends. The preacher started early but quickly got himself lost, making several wrong turns. He arrived a half-hour late, the hearse was nowhere in sight, and the workmen were eating lunch.

The pastor went to the open grave and found the vault lid already in place. Taking out his book, he read the service. As he was returning to his car, he overheard one of the workmen say, "You think we should tell him it's a septic tank?"

Have a great weekend and enjoy Halloween. More soon.

Stay Tuned !

No comments: